Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture What’s going on in this scene?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gerardo G.

This is a sketch of a scene I might be presenting. I want to see if I’m able to succesfully express my idea through this sketch.

From the pose of the folds, what would you say the scene is about? What’s going on?

I ask for different members to please share me your thoughts. If it’s something that another member had already answered, it doesn’t matter. Please post it as well; I just need you to let me know what you see. OK?

Thanks in advance :).

Kosmon

I see two anthropomorphs facing each other.

The smaller one looks to me for all the world like he’s wearing this outfit, but with the hood up.

Kos

Hemmed & Hawn
            from
            PERESTRELLO's BOX[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
            Root, Bone, Sticks & Stone
            Kosmon

Looked at this again today, and “. . . you cannot pass . . . fly, you fools!” immediately popped into my head.

Now I have a hard time unseeing it that way.

Kos

Hemmed & Hawn
                from
                PERESTRELLO's BOX[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
                Root, Bone, Sticks & Stone
                Gerardo G.

Thanks Kosmon!

WOW… that’s the second time I hear both pop references in relation to my sketch :).

ArtsyLynda

It looks like the middle of a fight. One person has fallen and the other is about to swoop down on him. Both are wearing capes, which makes me think of the Marvel movies. The only Marvel character who uses his cape rather than just letting it “follow” him is Dr. Strange, so this could be a superhero movie. Or it could be two birds fighting and one is near the win.

fullcirclenow

It seems like the confident tall one is calling to a higher power to help the small one, who is beseeching but fearful.

Dee Jarvis

Garland

Looks to me like the back side of Yoda from Star Wars. Is that what the paper model was for, that is to help form the clay ?

One thing for sure in this life, once we get there, well here we are and now what?
                                My latest thread is
                                notta WIP, but a study and request for planning help

Gerardo G.

Looks to me like the back side of Yoda from Star Wars. Is that what the paper model was for, that is to help form the clay ?

Thanks for your answer Garland. My sculptures are often in paper; although I have worked with metal aluminum foils. I haven’t worked with clay.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.