Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    La_

uninspired yet compelled

la

These all look great upon a wall!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CarlyHardy

Wow! I wouldn’t say these were uninspired! Especially love the blue with the white shapes!

Greggo

I just finished rearranging my art & my husbands so we could see more of it.
                Sort of turned out like wallpaper, no blank spaces, each competes with the other. Tried to keep a few spaces on each side, but not much. I have a small home so not as much wall space.

I like your works together. I have always liked your art.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

La_

thanks guys
                    hoping my inspiration improves ’cause i’m just flailing along without purpose, working through it, painting over failures and playing with compositions – some work, some don’t, hence the meditations title ’cause that’s pretty much all it is these days, meditating and mooching paint around.

la

Patrick45

I would like to see these close up, so we can see the detail. Very interesting, as always. -Patrick

La_

La_

per request

sorry for he wonkyness, i didn’t set them up for ‘professional’ shots, just point and shoot on the wall they’re drying on.

all oils of course, c&c always welcomed …

la

trufflecat

What a great display!

Art is never finished, only abandoned.-- Leonardo da Vinci :thumbsup:

http://www.susanbaileyart.com
                                    tidal

The second one and fourth up from the bottom is interesting to me as this different from the rest as the rest all have closed units or closing of boundaries of the marks or shapes which will give rise to a feeling of much depth and different spatial plains.. however where as one I mention is looser.. the units are not closed of etc it seems completely different it thus will feel flatter more like marks on a surface .Iether approach is good it’s just there seemed a difference .Just an observation.

Sculpture is what you bump into when you back up to see a painting..Barnett Newman

La_

thanks truffle!

i think i understand, tidal, and thanks for your observations.

la

_____________________________________________
                                            When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know Peace

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.