Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting First attempt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lucyloo123

Well I have given my water soluble oils a go. This is over an acrylic underpainting (which wasn’t that great) but I found my first layer of oils was pretty thick and there wasn’t anything left of the acrylic layer. I would like to learn more about glazing over acrylics though. I then gave it a thin glazing layer for the most part. I don’t think I’ll do any more on this as it was just practice. Definitely not perfect by a long shot but I like the workability of the oils and will try some more. It’s a learning curve. This is 12×9 on canvas and photo credit goes to Russ Bridges. C&C welcome.

Lucyloo123

Well I have given my water soluble oils a go. This is over an acrylic underpainting (which wasn’t that great) but I found my first layer of oils was pretty thick and there wasn’t anything left of the acrylic layer. I would like to learn more about glazing over acrylics though. I then gave it a thin glazing layer for the most part. I don’t think I’ll do any more on this as it was just practice. Definitely not perfect by a long shot but I like the workability of the oils and will try some more. It’s a learning curve. The photo isn’t 5th greatest either but here it is. It’s 12×9 on canvas and photo credit goes to Russ Bridges. C&C welcome.

Your painting of the lion is great! I would however be weary about painting over acrylic, the bond it creates is not as strong as painting over a oil base.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

Anonymous

you are ready to roar!

equinespirit

I like it, great texture in the fur.

RogueRipple

I’d say that’s a great first attempt!

- Kelvin

"Things fall apart, it's scientific." - David Byrne

Ju-Ju-Beads

Good thick, woolly,realistic mane. I’m glad you like oils.😉

billmahler

Nice work
                                Keep at it.

I only regret not drinking more champagne -
                                Winston Churchill.
                                http://billfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

123harry

It’s come out very well. Look forward to your next one…,

C&C always welcome.
                                    Instagram harry.hamill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.