Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art Digital Art Showcase working through ideas digitally to work on in paint

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhere

playing with ideas that I may develop in paint/pastel/mixed media

any thoughts?

b’anna

I have been working digitally for about 12 years now but have worked in various mediums my entire life. Last year I decided to get my hands dirty again and drag out my traditional mediums. I find working with digital and traditional is invaluable. A lot of times I’ll take a photo of a traditional painting that is just not working and play with it digitally , then I can figure out what I need to do without messing up my progress. I also love to take stuff I’ve done digitally and try it in traditional mediums. i find that for the most part I’ve solved my composition and values already and just have to work on remembering which end of the brush to hold. They work wonderfully together!
            Barb

What a good idea!

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

vhere

A lot of times I’ll take a photo of a traditional painting that is just not working and play with it digitally , then I can figure out what I need to do without messing up my progress. I also love to take stuff I’ve done digitally and try it in traditional mediums. i find that for the most part I’ve solved my composition and values already and just have to work on remembering which end of the brush to hold. They work wonderfully together!
                Barb

me too :)

Willowshades

I don’t know how many times I have wasted paint when trying get an idea on canvas before it was fully developed. Flushing out your idea digitally first is a great idea.

vhere

they will change and respond to the medium as I work – years ago when I first did this I tried to reproduce them – what happens is that the work gets tight. I need to let the different mediums do their thing :) and develop the work from these

b’anna

they [I]will [/I]change and respond to the medium as I work – years ago when I first did this I tried to reproduce them – what happens is that the work gets tight. I need to let the different mediums do their thing :) and develop the work from these

LOL.. Yea I figured that out when I first started back with traditional. Now i use my digital paintings as a reference And a start and let each medium do its own thing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.