Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Weekender, SAT & SUN, March 7, 8, 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Good day and Welcome to the weekend.

I figure that there are two kinds of people. The people that don’t want their photos taken and then there are the others who want to be in every photo.
    My husband is like that, he wakes up every morning and looks in the mirror and says, “don’t you ever die”. When I look in the mirror, I see crazy hair, circles under my eyes, etc.

So, while walking with my camera on Anna Maria Island, I saw this gal “walking” her dogs. They were the cutest things as they approached me. I remarked how sweet I thought they looked as they approached me and after she introduced me to them, she told them to smile for the camera. But I noticed that she was smiling too and posing for the photo.

Here’s a gal that looks in the mirror every day, smiles and says, “Good Morning Gorgeous!”

LORELL

PS. Lucy, the dog in the back has the same personality as the lady. She wants her picture taken too.

Have a good weekend all.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Thanks for starting the Weekened Edition Lorell!

This is one of the Murals in Lake Placid, FL
        celebrating the citrus growers history in FL
        The arches are painted on. I will try to get a close up detail later.

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
        Photos are ©2021
        damar

Cute photo Lorell!!!
            Happy smile and happy dogs!
            I wake up and avoid the mirror!!!
            That’s what keeps me happy…not looking!

Photos are ©2021

The arches are painted on.

I am glad that you said that. I thought the arches were part of the building. I really like the bronze bowl of oranges and how the bowl looks like it is jutting out of the wall. Amazing art work, isn’t it?

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

I am glad that you said that. I thought the arches were part of the building. I really like the bronze bowl of oranges and how the bowl looks like it is jutting out of the wall. Amazing art work, isn’t it?

Its is! we walked around town to see them all.
                Almost every building/shop in this town is painted in themes depicting parts of local or state history.
                I always wonder who will up-keep the artwork over the years?
                The door plays tricks on my eyes!

Photos are ©2021
                Anonymous

Fun photo, and a good philosophy, Lorell.

For me, I’m just glad to be waking up on the right side of the grass – another day is a blessing.

That’s an impressive mural, Damar. Expertly created (and photographed).

Taken on my walk to the bagel shop yesterday morning…

When I switch between my new PC which is using a 32″ Sony TV/monitor and the old one, there is a definite difference in brightness of what appears on the respective screens. I can’t determine which one is more accurate. So tell me, does this photo look rather dark, or too washed out? How about the tonal contrast – OK, or off in one direction or the other? Thanks.

I didn’t sleep well last night (only 3 hours) and when I woke I had an urge to do some baking (nothing fancy or home made – just store bought crescent rolls and biscuits). So here’s Dave clattering around in the kitchen at 2:00 AM, trying to not wake wife and son.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

So tell me, does this photo look rather dark, or too washed out? How about the tonal contrast – OK, or off in one direction or the other?

Well, Dave, I notice that my photos look different if I am looking on my computer or my Surface RT. Unfortunately all monitors are different.
                    That being said, I am comparing this photo to what your photos of flowers usually look like in color and tone and this one seems to be a bit washed out and mild colored. Just a tiny bit off from your usual. The shot looks like it is realistic and could be the way you saw it, but it is not your style.

Gee, I hope that helps.
                    Of course you could invest in a calibrator, but if my monitor is not calibrated, it doesn’t matter.

Patty,
                    The door is real, right? But the shed entrance overhang that surrounds is an illusion. Wow. how do they do it? Look at the shadow that the left side of the entranceway makes on the trees! Just like the shadow of the bronze bowl makes it looks like it is jutting out.

damar

I’m not at home, will be back later. Dave, I’m looking at your photo on my iPad and it looks neither too dark or washed out. Very pretty color! Delicate.
                        Yes, Lorell, the door part is real..the rest is art!

Photos are ©2021
                        Anonymous

Dave,
                            Your image is fine. The background is a touch brighter than mid tone. Nothing is too dark. While the light petals are bright they are not blown out. If you want more drama you could darken everything [slightly].

I recently tried to use a TV monitor and it is not easy. I did calibrate it with a Colormunki, but it is different than a Computer monitor.

Greenhill

Lorell, yes, she sure looks like a happy, friendly young lady with a couple of spoilt rotten, lazy dogs! You got a great photo of her too. Will you be sending her a picture?

Patty, yes, and should one dash into it for shelter from rain, I daresay one would get a nasty surprise. The murals are great, I have to admire the painters of large scale wall art. Your previous photo looks pretty good too.

Dave, a nicely presented daisy with what looks like a slight dusting of snow on its stem.

MY FLICKR
                                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

The daisy looks like wild lettuce and the dusting is related to the aphids attacking it.

Don

Happy Sunday morning everyone. No time to comment on all the great photos from yesterday as I am about to start loading up the car and head south toward Tampa, Fla. Meeting my middle sister and BIL for dinner tonight at a great place in Tampa, then tomorrow DW and I will spend most of the day at the Circle B Bar Preserve. Not sure about Tuesday yet, but Wed we drive east to the coast to hit a couple of places including Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. Wed night in Jacksonville, Fla and back toward home on Thur with a stop at the east entrance to the Okefenokee Swamp. A whirlwind trip for sure. But since the annual “Circle B” trip usually led by GNPA didn’t happen this year I had to get my fix in.

I can’t even post an archive photo this morning. I started moving my photo folder to the new 2TB drive yesterday about 0800 and it is 95% complete after almost 24 hours. 1.73TB of photos. Next major task is to start going through individual photo folders and start deleting ones that I know I will never process. I haven’t been real good about doing that in the past.

See y’all around Friday of next week. :)

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                                    Immortalized forever
                                    With silver and light"

Have a great time, Don. I hope the weather cooperates.
                                    I need to follow your example and do a better job of tossing out photos that I’ll never use because they are not good enough. Maybe if I tried setting a goal of 100 photos a day. It would be a realistic and manageable task.

I think I will start today.

damar

Have a great time, Don. I hope the weather cooperates.
                                        I need to follow your example and do a better job of tossing out photos that I’ll never use because they are not good enough. Maybe if I tried setting a goal of 100 photos a day. It would be a realistic and manageable task.

I think I will start today.

Have a safe trip Don!
                                        I have been working on photo file reduction as well.
                                        That’s why I come across photos I never processed and
                                        decide to process and keep (then dump the junk around them)
                                        Every time I open a folder I look for dump-worthy files.
                                        a little at a time.

I have nothing new, yesterday was gorgeous, but it was a work day.
                                        so I’ll pull some color out of the archives.

Junk Shop Stuff

All I can think of is this vintage-ware is probably coated with leaded glaze.
                                        :eek:

Photos are ©2021

So, in efforts to start my resolution of cleaning out my files, I just took a photo for the “PHOTO BELOW THREAD” and I dumped the rest.

I still have another 85 to dump to reach my minimum of 100 a day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.