Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    b’anna

This was done on 9×12 White pastelmat with a very colorful wet underpainting. It was truly an experiment. I find that when I’m ‘Playing’ I can relax and enjoy because I’m not expecting anything. I did do this first digitally to get a feel for what I wanted to do and then I can jump right in. Thanks for peeking and keep healthy!
        Barb

water girl

I really like the stroke work in this one, Barb. It adds a certain sophistication to your still life. The complimentary colors are working as well.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

b’anna

Thanks Karen!

Hyn Patty

Lovely painterly feel to this one! I really need to get some pastelmat to try. I’ve never tried it yet and I like hearing it’s better about dust.

Luvy

Great painting. Pastel mat. Is that like a sheet of paper? I use a suede mat board. I really would like to see in person this pastel mat stuff.

Luvy
                        b’anna

Thanks Hyn,Luvy!
                            I have to admit UART is my favorite so far, Pastelmat is very odd. It feels almost smooth but you put pastel down and it stays there. Even if you want to do some blending it’s hard to move the pastel.

Luvy, it’s a heavy card so there. Is no warping. It comes in various colors including white and takes a wet under painting very well.
                            Barb

Luvy

Thanks for the info. I may have to find some. *S* I’ve been using suede board for years now.

Luvy
                                Mmm_Pasta

This is really great. Good choice in colours and I like your strokes

bobbymac

This is a wonderful palette — the background on the right and the pears are truly mated.
                                        Thank you.

Learn as if you were going to live forever. - Ghandi

franglais

Great color choices, Barb. And the strokes make it look so loose and painterly! Beautiful!
                                            Mike

b’anna

Pasta, Bob, Mike, Clair, THANKS so much!

Donna T

Very nice! Don’t you just love the freedom of a wet underpainting? If you like it – great – and if you don’t you simply cover it over.

Donna
                                                    C&C Always Welcome

Poppy J

Great palette, bold strokes and excellent under painting (love the darks)! This is one of the nicest still-life paintings I have seen. I see a plethora of paintings daily.

b’anna

Thanks so much Donna! I really do experimenting with different wet underpaintings.
                                                            WOW< Thanks so much Poppy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.