Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Thursday 10th January 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Good morning all:heart:

Had a reasonable night’s sleep.

Lunch in the local hostelry after the art class this morning.

Forecast is to get a little warmer today.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Hi Doug.

Shopping day today. Yeah early but my friend didn’t need a lift on Friday and I had booked a haircut. One trip versus two.

Tomorrow I am going to get the heavy garden work done and bugger the aching. I cannot look at it anymore, although lush and green and growing.

:wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Take care Annie, don’t spoil your hairdo :)

Doug

rossmarie

Greetings Doug Annie & all to follow. Happy New Year. Haven’t disappeared off the planet but been away in France. Put back out lifting something I shouldn’t and that combined with polyneurophy/balance problem has put everything (including painting) on hold. Never mind, it will pass ………

Mike :eek:

shadye1
                doppler

I saw that Rod. Intriguing.

BTW Doug, the hairdo? It was a cut. I would have done it myself as I have in the past, but the giggles of the hairdresser tasked with repair was too too much.

Annie
                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

shipbroker

Saw on a stick job usually Annie?

Oddest of nights….sleep from 2230 approx till 0400…..good….sleep from 0500 approz till 0830!…….never ever happens. So pool missed and it feels weird.

Probably a haircut for me….then a meal out at teatime in the country.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good Morning all,

It is 5:15 a.m here in dark, sleepy, and cold Oakwood. We are having January temps today. Actually had a dusting of snow on the ground yesterday afternoon. More predicted for Saturday.

We are off to the Base Hospital for a dermatology appointment for Larry this morning. The doctor will examine his nose to see if it is healing the way it should. Pick up prescription renewals, then home again.

We’re checking out refrigerators. We’ve been thinking of getting a new one because the one we have makes some odd noises and we aren’t really happy with it. After what happened with the old computer up and dying like it did, Larry is afraid the same thing might happen with the fridge, so he’s getting serious about checking for the best one in our price range. All I want is a 3-door French style fridge, I’ll let him worry about which brand to buy. :D

Annie, I cut Larry’s hair and he cuts mine. :D Of course, all I need is a short haircut, no styling needed. :D

Mike, sorry you hurt your back on top of your other problems getting around. Hope you feel better soon.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Bill

Good day all,

Dark and cold.

Rod, fascinating! Can you imagine a career studying old plaque? Something I just couldn’t sink my teeth into.

Mike, we were getting worried for you. Sorry about your back. Hope you enjoyed France.

Annie, I cut Janet’s hair, but she won’t let me color it anymore. I’m too creative.

Geoff, congrats on the good night’s sleep. So, its weird feeling wide awake for a change?

Sylvia, our almost two year old fridge makes all kinds of sounds, but it works just fine. It’s when it doesn’t make a sound that i worry. :)

I will tackle my sink drain again today, No, I will not give in to a $200 plumber. I think I’ll have to get some chemical to help me.

Nancy, since I have a concrete septic tank, the muriatic acid might not be worth the risk. Besides, I’m afraid of the stuff.
                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

shadye1

Lol, :)

Good Morning. It’s dark as the inside of a cow! But, we have to be up an’ at ’em because we’re leaving for Windsor shortly. Ted’s pre-op assessment is today at the hospital. We’ll make a Costco stop while in Windsor.

I don’t like getting up this early anymore. :lol:

(((Mike)))

:thumbsup: Geoff!

Good luck with that drain, Bill.

:wave: Everyone…

I have to make my face look somewhat human before we leave. A little mascara and a little blush does ensure that I won’t scare small children. Have a great day. I’m sure we’ll be back later this afternoon.

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Uschi

Good Morning!!

SUNSHINE, not a cloud in the sky!!! I haven’t been able to say that in a loooong time but we are paying for it, right now -10C and with windchill -17C.

It’s Thursday = Cake and Scrabble day. Actually Uschi, who is hosting, told us there will only be cookies because she only just got back from Calgary yesterday.

News re Superbaker, it is not the operated on hip that is the problem, doctor’s haven’t figured it out yet, she is very frustrated and believes her back is causing the problem and they will not confirm – yet! In the meantime being unable to move with the pain is going to really set her back with the recovery of the operated on hip.

(((Mike)))) when it rains it pours, I hope the trip to France was worth it and fabulous. So glad you checked it!!

Char, I am with you about not wanting to get ready and out of the door at an early hour. Pre-op, boring, you’ll get your steps in with Cosco:)

Geoff, sleeping in late in the morning does feel weird and seems to throw the whole day off.

Rod, what an interesting article. I’m wondering why the pigment would be concentrated in that one spot, did she maybe lick her brushes???

Bill, I hope you don’t have the kind of problem JJ did.

which reminds me, isn’t it about time for JJ to be back????

Annie, yes, you do what needs to be done, hair and all:)

Sylvia, I completely forgot about Larry’s nose, it should be totally healed by now, hope it is!!

Doug, enjoy your class and lunch!

Where did the blue sky and the sun go??? Right now it is snowing lightly but the forecast is for a sunny day:crossfingers: :crossfingers:

:wave: Uschi

olliewood0702

Hello all!

It’s dull and cold here while still not light out. I’m here at work ready for another lovely work-day. :D

Kaitlyn spent the evening with us and today they are leaving for sure. They decided to stay another day because of the weather. Riley gets stressed about the snow. He misses his family and I know Kaitlyn does too. I’m looking for them to move back down here soon. Kaitlyn said every time they come home it’s harder and harder to go back. If she does move down here Jen would be completely all alone up there. She said she wouldn’t be surprised if she moved back too if Kaitlyn moves. While we want her to be able to make her marriage work if that is what she wants we’d love having the kids close again. I don’t think Jen will move back though.

I’ve been so tired when I wake up the past three mornings. I’m ready for some quality sleep and tonight we are going to bed early! No company to worry about so no excuses. :thumbsup:

I ordered a small computer (Asus) for Kelsea off Amazon. She’s paid me for half of it and will pay me the other half in March. She said her math class is mostly online and it will come in handy for her. I think she’ll have to buy a some sort of case for it too.

This weekend I plan on organizing some things at home. My art area, my kitchen and possibly paint/stain my bathroom vanity cupboard. I’m going to try to get some more life out of it if possible. It’s an oak one with a light stain (not really in style now) and I’m going to put a dark, Java stain on it. I will put on a top coat of urethane too. We will get a new sink top and are painting the walls with new curtains and rugs. Larry wants to lay ceramic tile instead of the vinyl floor in there now. We are trying to update our home because we haven’t done any since moving in there 17 years ago. Styles change.

Mike, I’m so sorry about your back hurting. There is nothing worse than back pain. :grouphug: Thanks for checking in; you had us worried.

Sylvia, I hope Larry gets the all okay from his doctor. I’m not in love with our new fridge either. We just bought it a year ago but it just doesn’t seem to have the room on the inside as my old one. The shelves are too close together to fit things in. :(

My Mom called last night to see what is up with us. Nothing exciting I told her. She is doing well but some of the family has been sick with the flu. I told her I hoped they stayed away from her. She said yes they have been.

Here where we live they are saying that the norovirus (stomach flu) is going around. Hand washing is the number one way to prevent it’s spread. It’s so highly contagious that it goes through families like wildfire. I hate this time of year with all the sicknesses.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :wave: :heart:

Darla

If I create from the heart, nearly everything works: if from the head, almost nothing. — Marc Chagall

Had a nice lunch with the class, steak and ale pie.

The weather has turned misty but is warmer at 7C/45F

Sorry about your back Mike, hope it wears off quickly.

Doug

shipbroker

Uschi..see your country of birth is getting some serious snow, and another two and a half metres forecast this week.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.