Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Sunset in the Alentejo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    equinespirit

Another sunset from our fields here in the Alentejo.
        We get the most beautiful sunsets here for much of the year, I am planning to paint a series.
        Stretched canvas 18″ by 12″

Loretta7

Beautiful sky and trees are remarkable. Very good work. A series would be wonderful.

[FONT="Tahoma"]CxC always welcome :thumbsup:

equinespirit

Thanks Loretta
                I need to try and get a better photo of this as its really not looking like it does in real life.
                Im really struggling to get decent photos of my landscapes
                I wish I could delete the posting but the forum doesn’t allow it :(

amarsingha

Very nice and poetic sky, however, I understand the problem you have faced. I had the same as well. I use the Nikon camera to take the photo of my paintings and use photoshop to enhance. Try to take the photo in the open area and on a shiny day. Place the canvas in a little shadow area where light works indirectly on the canvas. Take several snapshots. I normally use the “scene” mode while shooting the painting. I got the result fantastic. My camera even can capture the texture of the canvas in this way. The minimum distance should be 3 to 5 meters away from your canvas. Hope it will work as you desired.

Dcam

I like the monochrome almost silhouette quality of the foreground against the colorful sky.
                        Very nice Sarah.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.