Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk ***** Daily Wash NEW YEAR’S DAY 1st January 2019 ****

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    ollieowl

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

here hope We can all hold handAnd help each other :heart::grouphug::grouphug:

Wish you all a Happy and productive New Year.

Thamaso Ma Jyothirgamaya.

doppler

Glorious 2019.

Beat wishes to all.

Chaithram, welcome. Just don’t mention the cricket … :angel:

Quiet day here. Sunny and seasonal at 30C? Cool breeze.

Steve, your dads comments are spot on.

BBL

Annie
            "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

Happy New Year

A healthy and happy 2019 to everyone.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Tracy2000

Happy New Year! (I have a long post bringing up the caboose position over in 2018). We’ve just rung in 2019 here and my neighbor (crazy Ryan) is out in the street setting off fireworks so….not quite time to go to sleep yet ;-)

~Tracy
                "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.”. Martin Luther King, Jr.

rossmarie

Hello Washers where ever you are. Wishing you all a very happy New Year.

Mike :wave:

Bill

Happy New Year All,

I went to bed two minutes before the end of 2018 and fell asleep four minutes later in 2019.
                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019!

Good Morning all,
                        It is 5:30 a.m. on the first day of the new year here in dark and sleepy Oakwood. Went to sleep last night listening to winds howling through the trees. It is quiet this morning thankfully.

Kari, Mike, and Casey are coming over this evening to have cake and ice cream to celebrate Casey’s 14th birthday. :D

I forgot to say “Thank you” for all the nice comments about my GSs yesterday. They really are nice kids.

Lulu, I am 5’3″ tall and they are both about 6′ already (their Dad is 6’4″) and they have another 5 or 6 years of growth ahead of them. :D

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Still a bit drowsy, I didn’t get to bed until 1.30am.

I have posted the January Watercolor Challenge, hope you like it.

Doug

shipbroker

Lovely sunny afternoon here.
                            Decent nights sleep after early night.
                            geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

shadye1

Out on the “estate” cutting back the thorn bushes, very dodgy footing.
                                Tumble dryer and washing machine packed up. Power and fuses fine.
                                Easter next.

Not a good start to the year Rod :eek:

Doug

:wave: everyone,
                                It’s partly cloudy with ice crystals in the air. Right now it’s -30 with a windchill of -38. The high today will be -21. We used to get this weather for two weeks straight every January. The last few years it’s only for a few days in a row. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer.

Since Brian is home now he can do the snow blowing today. He will also get all the boxes out of the basement so I can start putting away decorations. I woke up with a kink in my neck so it will be a slow job.

Happy New Year to my washer family here. May this year be better than the last for everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

[FONT=”Georgia]Happy New Year Washer Family![/FONT]

It rained buckets all day yesterday and well into the night. There were rivers running down our driveway. The water really has nowhere to go and I’m certain that the creeks are over their banks again. Our basement is dry.

The Kids will be here for New Year’s Dinner. I have a nice bone-in ham to glaze and heat. Scalloped potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower will be our side dishes. And an apple pie for dessert. I have a little homemade ice cream in the freezer for serving with the pie.

I drew out a still life yesterday… grilled cheese and tomato soup. It seemed like a comfort food kind of day. :lol: I’m going to get the underpainting down on it today. And I have an idea forming in the back of my brain to create something with my airbrush.

Welcome to the Wash chaithram.

Peter, you’re so right.

Rod, :eek:!

Annie is comfortable at +30 and Ellen is (likely) comfortable at -30C. Wow, eh.

Tracy and Bill… I have to say that I remember 2018 as if it were yesterday… :lol:

Oh, Doug… that Challenge may be something I HAVE to paint! I can’t grow them, but I can paint them.

:thumbsup: Geoff!

I am going to enjoy a second cup of coffee and then I’d better get on with my day. Since it’s a holiday, I could do a load of laundry… but washing clothes on New Year’s Day runs the risk of washing someone out of my life. Yes, I’m that superstitious. Have a great day, everyone!

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Uschi

Good Morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I said Happy New Year world as I went to sleep at 11:30 last night.

Last night we were promised sunshine for today, they have already changed their mind to maybe bits of sunshine in the afternoon:rolleyes: A high of -1C.

Today I am getting to cash in on my christmas present, a ticket to the symphony orchestra playing “A Viennese New Year”. “Music by Strauss and Lehar plus your favourite opera arias.”

The best part is I’ll be enjoying it with my son Juergen and my grandson Ethan. Dinner at their place afterwards.

Doug, that is a really pretty challenge and you did a very nice job of it especially since there are a lot of lost edges in there.

Tracey, of course I read your last post of 2018:) I started on my cardigan. I too have this issue with the yarn gauges. After seriously checking the pattern of that mustard yellow cardigan in the magazine I bought I realized that the number of stitches needed was way off (too little) and I finally reverted back to a very old Aran sweater pattern booklet, ignored the Aran part:D liked the raglan armhole and am soldering on. I previously ignored it because it is for men but I can just use the smaller version.

Char, how is your back doing????

I woke late, and if I don’t have breakfast soon it will be porridge for lunch:)

:wave: to all here and all yet to come!!

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.