Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Some pen and ink drawings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Wasp2016

Here some of my recent pen and ink drawings.

Wasp2016

Some more

Wasp2016

At the moment I am working towards trying to emulate the style of Hendrick Goltizus and Willem Van De Velde the elder, old dutch masters who did large pen works on large scale using ink, that looked in the style of engravings. I still need to figure out how to get a good sky. Currently expermenting with a few different ways to implement that. Some of these are my own works and some are copies.

Beautiful work!

Christel

KarenESP

Great works, and I like the boat.

talisman

These are great!
                        Love the first one, great action, and the large ship is wonderful, the angle is fantastic and gives a good bit of drama.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

Kiffin

Fantastic work. Do you do a pencil drawing first.

Classic

I like very much this style. I think it was a typical illustration style for books, newspapers and advertising a century or so ago.

Emmanuel
                                C&C welcome

carolkay

Nice work – I like the one with the contour lines

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                                    123harry

You have clearly got plenty of control of your pen. The problem with this classical style is that it can easily become a bit obsessive and wooden. I would say that’s the problem with the large Icarus figure and the sailing ship. The 1920s style illustrations are livelier but again the emphasis seems to have moved to the actual pen marks rather than concentrating on the figure.
                                        For me the sketch of the bird and the one of the little boat in the estuary are the best here.

C&C always welcome.
                                        Instagram harry.hamill

psepheroth

Nice one. I like the crosshatching of the man falling.

Owner of the site Coded Incantation
                                            Quick sketches, Comics, Urban Sketching. Visual Diary, Blog

Janby

Fabulous work!

Jan. C & c's always welcome.

Wasp2016

I have recently done a new pen and ink drawing of a boat in a harbour. It is done with a uni pin finliner 0.05mm and 0.03mm with a dip pen and diluted Indian ink on Bristol Board. Sorry about the poor quality of the picture, I had trouble with focusing.

Wasp2016

Fantastic work. Do you do a pencil drawing first.

I normally do a pencil under drawing then render over the top with a pen. I also sometimes leave some pencil lines showing if I want a very faint line. I normally use fineliners on Bristol Board, but I also use a dip pen and dilute the ink down with distilled water to get multiple tones of line.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.