Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Friday 11th January 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Good morning all :wave:

Still dark out there I think we had overnight rain, I never hear it though with double glazing and hard of hearing.

Baking this morning, an apple pie and rock buns.

I really enjoyed yesterday’s lunch with the class, a chance to chat. One of the class has a disabled son and likes the look of the new powered wheelchair. He is thinking of buying one.

Wetcanvas wasn’t responding earlier.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Lulu

Evening Doug.
        At the end of another hot (30+C) day here.

Have just finished watching “Portrait of Jennie” on youtube. Thankyou, Kay. It was quite, quite beautiful. :heart:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

doppler

Evening Doug and Lulu.

Bit tired here. Eli couldn’t believe how hard I worked today :lol:

:wave:

Annie
            "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

Good evening ladies, no gardening for me in the winter, the temperature here is 7C/56F dull but dry.

Hope to find time to wire up the video doorbell to the mains today.

Doug

Lulu

All i did in the garden today was push hoe and water roses. Easy peasy.
                And lolled on a lounger, reading in the sun.
                My eye is even more purple, am staying out of sight lol

Do you ever think of baking something else Doug? :D

Today is John’s brother and wife’s 50th wedding anniversary.
                His parents would be well pleased, all 3 children have reached 50+ years. A way to go to get to their record of 65 years though. :thumbsup:

John is watching cricket, i am now watching The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie”. A young Maggie Smith. :heart:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Yes, I Think of it but stick to the regulars. I once baked a Battenberg cake but Ruth doesn’t like marzipan and neither did the kids. I also baked a no fat sponge cake and you could have soled your shoes with it :lol:

Doug

rossmarie

Good morning/evening all.

Have started painting again – in short doses so as not to aggravate back which is improving. Resumed choir practice with Monmouth Male Voice Choir yesterday evening which was fun. Friendly bunch and very welcoming. The music is great but learning to sing in Welsh for a couple of songs is a real challenge! Shall have to take lessons from my Welsh speaking son-in-law.

Busy day today – physio appointment and then session with doctor for blood tests and blood pressure. Resume steroid treatment for polyneuropathy next week. So it’s all go again!

Mike:crossfingers: :)

Hi Mike, glad to hear you are on the mend.

I have posted the “2018 Watercolor Art Show” in the Gallery for your two favourite paintings of the year.

Doug

ollieowl

morning every just got out of bed

:heart:2:grouphug:2 all

Good Morning all,
                        It is almost 6:00 a.m. here in dark and sleepy Oakwood. Dusting of snow fell yesterday, but tomorrow they are predicting snow that will accumulate for several inches.

We will run around shopping and banking today so we can just relax and watch the snow fall tomorrow.

Larry got a good report on the progress of how his nose is healing from the dermatologist who did the surgery. He reassured Larry that the red will eventually go away once the nerve endings that were cut reconnect and heal. Then we sat in the pharmacy waiting room for several hours waiting for our prescriptions to be filled — us and a lot of others. We were beat when we came home.

Doug, The names of your cakes intrigue me, especially the rock buns which conjures an image of something hard and heavy.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

shadye1

Rock buns, plenty of fruit, just dropped on a baking sheet they look rough like rocks. Mmmm!cake.
                            Does anyone make Russian cake with sherry in it anymore? or Parkin? even
                            Barmbrack seems to have disappeared.

shipbroker

Had frost overnight,none on golf course but still very cold,had to wear ski gloves between shots.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Hi Annie, mine don’t look like rocks, I do them in a bun tin for convenience. Mmm, Parkin – I have made it but it has a ton of sugar so I haven’t made it for a while.

Doug

shipbroker

Parkin is for Easter.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Blue sky, bright sunshine and VERY COLD, -14C with windchill -21C.

A little bit of everything kind of day and it will be done with cheer with the sun shining in and helping:) I have nothing else to report right now.

Geoff, golf in the cold – you are the man!!!:)

Kay and Lulu, I’ll have to go looking for that movie.

Sylvia, :thumbsup: for Larry!! Why do you have to wait soooo long for your prescriptions to be filled????

Mike, glad you are getting back to your normal activities. When I say normal I mean your new normal, I hope your legs and feet are improving too.

Les, where are you??????

Annie, Lulu, Doug, Rod and Peter :wave: to you.

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.