Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #594: Jul 8 – Jul 16

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    jmfletch

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Art from Life forum:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are our rules for this Hunt:

* All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to
        finish the entire list to participate! Scavenger Hunt #61 will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt #594: Jul 8 – Jul 16

Items for this hunt:
        [FONT=Calibri]exercise equipment[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]crumpled paper[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]a gift[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]something that blows in the wind[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]piece of fruit [/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]draw an entry to your home ( NOT the main entry)[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]clothesline or clothes pins (I know you still have some in a bag in the laundry)[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]hat [/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]bathroom sink[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]spot in your home where everyone drops stuff[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]clouds[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]souvenir of a place you have been[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]a means of transportation[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]your garden or something from your garden[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]your favorite beverage[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]a treasured keepsake[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]favorite piece of jewelry[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]something made of glass or crystal[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]something shiny[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]something you collect[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]art tool you use the least[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]room in your home used the least[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]something with a fold (See Challenge 1)[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]a religious or patriotic symbol[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]something from a favorite pastime (NOT art)[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]a book you truly enjoyed[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Challenge 1 – Draw one each of each type fold (zig zag, spiral, pipe, drop, inert, 2 point, half-lock)[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Challenge 2 – use a medium that challenges you[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Challenge 3 – use your non-dominant hand[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]This is an update of one of earliest lists I posted. Enjoy![/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Keep sketching[/FONT]
        [FONT=Calibri]Joe
        [/FONT]

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Eye

Joe: Thanks for the list. I hope to do some.

:wave:
            FYI: All… I found a useful reference link to help with Challenge#1 — Types of Folds

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Pine Cone

Joe — Thanks much for a super fun list! Great challenges! Folds :eek:

Ai — Nice link with helpful info. I really need to work on folds 😭

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Pine Cone

item #1 – a gift

decorative paper-covered plastic pencil cup[/color]

I’ve been thinking I should try some blind contours :eek: with ellipses. :eek: :eek:

Done with eyes shut and iPad surface blocked from subliminal view with cardboard. These precautions make the blind contours more difficult for me by preventing my brain from utilizing clues from the environment to guide my hand.

Each contour was done on a separate layer and collaged/arranged after the fact.

I painted the border just for fun after finishing with the contours!!!

The blind contours are of the following objects:

….. decorative gift cup (upper right)
                    ….. plastic protein shake container with lid (upper left)
                    ….. plastic water bottle with lid (far left)
                    ….. wide-base container (bottom right)
                    ….. straight-side mug (bottom middle)

Tools:

iPad Pro, Apple Pencil.

Procreate app (old version) for the blind contours, collage, borders, and export.[/color]

Process:

Virtual colored pencil and acrylic on virtual sanded pastel paper.

Freehand. No drafting tools or tracing, digital or otherwise.

No grid or smoothing or symmetry or cloning, digital or otherwise.

No digital filters or effects. No digital color intensification or exaggeration.

References located a few inches away.[/color]

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Eye

PineCone: Nice contour start of this Hunt.

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Eye

#1 a gift — paper xmas animal ornament gifted to Iris and Lily from Aunties…done with color pencils and pencil

Ai

jmfletch

Pine Cone – Great job on blind contours! My take on blind contours is that if it is recognizable it is a success. All 5 are recognizable so :thumbsup:

Ai – Nice color pencil sketches. Really Like the coloring on the hen.

Keep Sketching
                                Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Wow, Ai and Pine Cone are off to great starts. Blind contour is hard but these look like items. :-) Ai the ornaments are great and I like the colors, too.

I did find the list, thanks, Joe. Busy packing day.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                My website https://jocastilloart.com

eskielady

Exercise equipment
                                    Watercolor
                                    Less than an hour to sketch and paint

Comments and critiques always welcome - you help me grow.

eskielady, welcome!! Oooooo, beautiful colors and well done on the sketch/painting. Makes exercise look to be fun!

I sketched at the doctors office today. Out the window on a coaster with the Micron 02.
                                    Number 1, something that blows in the wind – wondering why with soooo many cell phone towers, our reception is so bad at our house. Maybe the signal blows away as well…..Actually I’m pretty sure it is because we live in the boonies at the end of all the tower reception.

jmfletch

eskielady – love the colors, at first glance I thought it was pastel until I saw brush strokes in the background. Always cool to see the objects too.:thumbsup:

Jo – can’t Go wrong drawing the flag. Nicely done. Where did you get coasters? And how do you seal them. They will make nice gifts for friends/family. Do the networks share towers? That might be for a different company??

Keep sketching
                                        Joe

eskielady

Joe and Jo,
                                            Thanks for the welcome. It’s been years since I posted – got caught up in other things – bought a farm and all that entails with the animal care year round. Nice to pick up pencil, pen and paints again.
                                            Here is my second post
                                            My favorite beverage

Pencil, ink, water color. About an hour.
                                            Lynda

Comments and critiques always welcome - you help me grow.

Jo – can’t Go wrong drawing the flag. Nicely done. Where did you get coasters? And how do you seal them. They will make nice gifts for friends/family. Do the networks share towers? That might be for a different company??

Keep sketching
                                            Joe

Just ordered the coasters from Amazon. $15 for 125, some were cheaper, but these came in a box which I ike. Different sizes and shapes and white and off white. Haven’t tried sealing them yet, acrylic spray should work. Doubt they were meant to be used, just for art like ATCs.

Networks do share towers, probably more the ones near the highways and cities. AT&T complained one time when we were in Angel Fire that we were using too much of their share, now they are the main carrier there I think. Vorizon seems to work better in NM for some reason. When we are in our old home town we have zero AT&T.

Go figure…..

Lynda, really like the beverage can. Good ellipses.

jmfletch

Eskielady – glad you are finding time for art. Heard of Bai Bubbles but never tried it. Sweet and effervescent is what I heard. Nice work and good ellipses as jo noted. :thumbsup:

Jo – you have thinking about drawing small again :lol: :lol: Need to find my atc stock or make some frames on sketch pages

Keep sketching
                                                Joe

Eye

Great job Jo & Linda.

Welcome to the Hunt Linda.

Ai

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.