Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Dating a Smartphone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greenhill
        I would be worried if I were he … but I just love them kinky black boots! :D

asymmetrical

MY FLICKR
        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

What a great shot and statement on todays world too.

I like the chalkboard art too! That’s pretty impressive.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

I had no idea what to expect when I read the title, but I got to tell you, Mark, you didn’t disappoint. That settles it, I’m old. Romance is out the door. Years ago couples were holding hands, now they’re holding cell phones. They were looking in each others eyes, now they are looking at a screen, they use to ask each other questions, now they ask Alexa… okay, I’ll stop.

Mark, that’s a poignant shot and I am not just saying that as one of your biggest fans of your street photography. But would any one like to challenge me???

This is great, makes you wonder, “what next?”

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

What a great shot and statement on todays world too.
            I like the chalkboard art too! That’s pretty impressive.

Whenever I travel, wherever I go, everyone is holding a smartphone – frightening scenario really. Thanks Virginia.

I had no idea what to expect when I read the title, but I got to tell you, Mark, you didn’t disappoint. That settles it, I’m old. Romance is out the door. Years ago couples were holding hands, now they’re holding cell phones. They were looking in each others eyes, now they are looking at a screen, they use to ask each other questions, now they ask Alexa… okay, I’ll stop. Mark, that’s a poignant shot and I am not just saying that as one of your biggest fans of your street photography. But would any one like to challenge me??? This is great, makes you wonder, “what next?”

Lorell, I was listening to Oak FM, our local radio station on my pillow radio early this morning. It’s a delightful station they play 50’s, 60’s, 70’s music for seniors like us – Pattie Page, Theresa Brewer, Guy Mitchell, Vaughn Monroe, etc. To a woman’s ears, The Tennessee Waltz must be a real tear-jerker, isn’t it? But you would have been the girl who stole the other girls sweetheart away! LOL. This was the era when in my teens I went dancing on Friday/Saturday nights. We guys wore suits and the girls wore pretty dresses. Hobart, Tasmania was like a country town back then; the guys and gals knew one another. In summer we used to hangout as a set on Sandy Bay Beach where many a young heart was won and lost! Those were the golden years upon which I often reflect.

MY FLICKR

chaffee

Agree with all the above and nice picture Mark!
                Sadly, it’s an integral part of relationships now, as witnessed, and will become more so. My girl and I are always baffled at couples, even whole families sitting in a restaurant staring at their phones…it’s the new Americana, worthy of Rockwell knockoff but strikingly accurate. I’ve stated my conclusion many times to my friends and family that if there is ever a successful sustained grid attack, God forbid!, many folks will literally go insane from the sole fact that they will not have their beloved and essential smartphone in hand, it will simply be too much to handle.

Tim

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare

Greenhill

Well said, Tim. As you say, many will go insane when the grid goes down. Some may revert to sanity and learn to knit socks and pullovers, and play scrabble instead.
                    As nothing is forever inevitably that time will come. But who am I preaching to – how would I fare without social media!
                    Smartphone addiction is not merely a local phenomenon, it’s global. Could H.G Wells have foreseen it.

MY FLICKR

I had no idea what to expect when I read the title, but I got to tell you, Mark, you didn’t disappoint. That settles it, I’m old. Romance is out the door. Years ago couples were holding hands, now they’re holding cell phones. They were looking in each others eyes, now they are looking at a screen, they use to ask each other questions, now they ask Alexa… okay, I’ll stop. Mark, that’s a poignant shot and I am not just saying that as one of your biggest fans of your street photography. But would any one like to challenge me??? This is great, makes you wonder, “what next?”

:) Good to see Mark back.

Peter, I am sorry but Mark is NOT back.

This thread was just resurrected by “I love arts”.

I miss Mark  too.

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.