Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Sketch Tribute to Stan Lee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    psepheroth

I sketched a portrait of Stan Lee as a tribute.
        I started this as a pen and ink sketch on my 9×12″ sketchbook.
        And then color it afterwards.

The initial pen and ink sketch PLUS the color part is posted here: Sketch Tribute To Stan Lee[/URL]

After the manual handrawn cross hatching, I feel like I want to go more on sketching portraits using crosshatching.

Owner of the site Coded Incantation
        Quick sketches, Comics, Urban Sketching. Visual Diary, Blog

SeanInDublin

Hi,

I like your drawing :)

Marvel comics were hard to find in the 1970’s in Ireland but I loved Spiderman.

Your comment on crosshatching reminded me of this Wet Canvas member I had bookmarked.

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415996

Best wishes…:)

psepheroth

Hi,

I like your drawing :)

Marvel comics were hard to find in the 1970’s in Ireland but I loved Spiderman.

Your comment on crosshatching reminded me of this Wet Canvas member I had bookmarked.

[url]https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415996[/url]

Best wishes…:)

I checked your link. Man! that Wet Canvas member is good in cross hatching. My work doesn’t even come close. :) Truly he made an inspiring work.

SeanInDublin

Hi,

I’m delighted you enjoyed it :)

A style like that takes lots of time to develop I think. I love the drawing of the child.

Thanks for reminding me of it, it’s been buried amongst the many bookmarks I have of work from the archives on Wet Canvas.

Best wishes…

Classic

Hello.
                        It is an authentic comic sketch style, much more adequate for Stan Lee than any realistic or photographic image!

Emmanuel
                        C&C welcome

psepheroth

Seeing his works, makes me want to create something like that too. I’ll be posting it here in Wet Canvas once I’m done :)

SeanInDublin

Seeing his works, makes me want to create something like that too. I’ll be posting it here in Wet Canvas once I’m done :)

Your fast sketches have great life to them so I hope you keep posting your work :wave:

I should do more sketches myself but lately I have been working slowly….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.