Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor The Learning Zone aquapasto

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Harold Roth

I’ve looked around but haven’t found much about this medium. Apparently, it is made from gum arabic and fumed silica (which is not dangerous to one’s lungs). Acc to WN: “A translucent gel medium that reduces flow and thickens water colours & gouache to give an impasto effect.” I ordered some of this stuff to try after seeing a youtube presentation where it is used to create a low level of texture when added to watercolor. I have been making my own watercolor and casein and so forth from pigment dispersions and gum arabic or casein binder or QoR watercolor medium and didn’t know there are all sorts of watercolor mediums that as far as I know, did not exist four years ago when I left off watercolor. I am wondering if anyone has tried this stuff that WN puts out called Aquapasto or the apparently similar Holbein version and what you think of it.

Harold Roth

Btw, Indraneel, I am not hating QoR watercolor medium so much anymore. It seems more like a very thick gum arabic rather than plastic these days.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.