WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States
Re: show update!

I don't have no stinkin' accent. It is the rest of ya that talk all funny and wrong.

#62   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 02:00 PM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

OKay Der Don't ya know eh.
Here's some unorganized pics
First off......Mary....Miss iphone Mary....Miss iPhone Mary with a camera.......Sweet as can be! Thank You sooo much for the hospitality

Just look at these two characters! Notice the black marks on TC's face? scratchboard dust! The shirt Rod's wearing.....Too funny!!!!
I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about a Hidden TREASURE!!!!!!!! Cathy had her masterpieces on hand!! I'm not a stalker!!!!!

I think Harold was shaking holding this beauty!

This had to be yet another highlight!! Mary's next to Rod by the way
And that guy sittin next to Harold....he drew the short straw...that's why he's sittin there Just Kidding Harold!!!!!!!!!!!!
That guy who was lucky enough to be sittin there is Martin. He's a heck of a Great Guy! I enjoyed talking with him outside at the gallery....while I was having a hidden panic attack! Ya helped calm my nerves Martin...Hope we didn't scare ya too badly! The funny thing is I had a easier time understanding your accent than I did that darn North Dakota guy

People....I have more....but the wife is looking at me with that get back to work laugh! More later.......Michael....Les.....Rich....Rick....oh so much more!
Man I'm still hyped up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#63   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Resting in Peace
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States

Well guys, I just woke up after an 11 hour sleep!! First thing I did this morning was get on the forum to see if I had a good time or not. There is so much to say and so much to share I don't know where to start. I must say up front, Rod-man, you are the man! A nicer guy you'll never meet. And Mary is truely, truely a sweetheart! At first I was star struck with Charles Ewing, but he is such a gentle man he puts you right at ease. Elaine is an incredible, and generous lady. I really felt a part of the Ampersand family. I learned as much while contributing to the work shop as I did from watching others. While I was demonstrating someone would contribute another way of doing what I was doing, or tell me of a shortcut.

But, I am getting ahead of myself. The show was first. I was so nervous on the way to the show. After 30+ years of show receptions you would think I would be used to by now, but in my art circle the people who see my boards aren't sure of what they are looking at. Here, other scratchers, high caliber artists would be looking at my work. Yikes When I got there it was already filled with other artists. The first person I saw was Kitten. She greeted me with a smile and I said "I know you, you are Kitten." She smiled again and said "You are Diana." And without hesitation we hugged. It really was like a family reunion, I swear. Every time I saw a familiar face I squeeled and we would hug! Everyone was exactly like I imagined they would be.

I am not going to get into the show much now this post is already getting soooo long, I'm not sure anyone will read it to the end. But, after the show when we gathered at the restaurant I knew what it must have felt like to be one of the Impressionists sitting around a table at a European cafe bemoaning that no one understood our art and what it was and how it was our job to educate them, or the surealist's hanging together doing exactly the same thing. I truely believe we have started something here. Something that is bigger than we can imagine. And if we can keep the momentum going we can carry this to such heights it makes my head spin to think of it.

I need some coffee. I'll write more later.

Diana

[email protected] I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 02:47 PM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Diana....YOU ARE THE SWEETEST LADY!!!!!!!!!!
The single most cherished souvenir that I brought back with me is your card........and you signed it! I got a hug as well!!!!
I can't wait to see you the next time! I have some pics of you that you HAVE to look at when I post them. Maybe they will give you even more desire to go out and pick up one of those airbrush thingys!
Diana....You'll have a special place in my heart always

#65   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Diana you my friend, are a true GEM!! Meeting you and your daughter was worth the trip alone. Your card will always have a special place in my studio, of course I need to finish it first.

I learned sooooo much this weekend, if my head ever stops spinning I am going to try to put it to practice.

#66   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Immortalized
North/Central Saskatchewan

Hails from Canada

Trust me when I say...every word is being read....read again...and again I go over everything at least 3 times. So Please write away!!! I and a whole lot more are hangin on every word!!!
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Resting in Peace
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States

A short note to let everyone know it was probably a good thing that most of the work was behind glass in this instance, because if you look at all the glass coverings they are covered in nose prints!! I have never been to an opening where the average viewing distance was 1/2 an inch. For those of you not there I wish we had hidden microphones behind your work. Huge, huge successes!!

Allan, I think it might be a good thing we don't live closer to each other. The way we go off with our creative bouncing back and forth our heads might explode!!

Greg, you are such a sweet man, but after reading about the party you all had at Rod-man's house I'm not sure about any of you. JAIL!?! Greg, Greg, Greg. (Picture my head shaking slowly).

OK Pam, I will write more shortly.

Diana

[email protected] I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 04:51 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Quebec, Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelalbd
Trust me when I say...every word is being read....read again...and again I go over everything at least 3 times. So Please write away!!! I and a whole lot more are hangin on every word!!!

I'm right here to and agree 100% with Pamela...write away. It's not as good as actually being there, but it helps ...
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

Well folks - I'm going nuts at work trying to read all this and hoping for new pics! People actually have the nerve to come up to me ans ask for help like this is a library or something. All you guys who had your Man cards revoked haven't caught on yet - they've been replaced by Pure Spirit cards. Blessings on you all.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Lord of the Arts
In Ville-billy Land!

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Lee
A short note to let everyone know it was probably a good thing that most of the work was behind glass in this instance, because if you look at all the glass coverings they are covered in nose prints!! I have never been to an opening where the average viewing distance was 1/2 an inch.

Diana

It was actually tiring watching people putting their GRUBBY MITTS all over the Sheepdogs and the Tiger.
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Immortalized
Lakeland, Florida

Hails from United States

I just got home and wanted to post just a couple of pictures before I go to a Hobby Shop to get new tools I saw at the workshop. I guess you all can see Diana has rock star status with this group. They all are great people that have a passion for what they do.

I was going to hold this until I gathered my thoughts but at the motel this morning I read some of the post others made and something Michael said hit home. He said this was possibly a life changing event.(words to that effect)
I thought of that and seeing the art and getting a chance to meet the artists and it is amazing how you can in fact see the personality of the artist in all of the art. I think it will forever change the way I look at art. I really need to get things put away and get some rest.

The first picture wiil be when I waited in a line to work my way back inside. As soon as I cleared the doorway I just raised my camera and took this shot.

Think there is any interest in this workshop?

I will get organized in the next day or so to post more. Rick
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Lord of the Arts
In Ville-billy Land!

Hails from United States

I will get organized in the next day or so to post more. Rick[/quote]

AWESOME SHOT!!!
I have been WAITING for one of these!!!!
Thanks for posting it!!!!
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Resting in Peace
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States

At one point in the evening, about an hour into the show, Harold, my daughter and I went accross the street to grab a bite of dinner. (Thank you Harold for keeping us company). There was a reasonable crowd when we left. A large enough crowd to consider the show a sucess, but when we came back 45 minutes later it was so crowded there was a group outside waiting for some people to clear out so they could come in!!
And while we are on the subject of Harold, he is a natural born teacher. You will notice how calm and patient he is on the tutorial that was put on youtube, while the rest of us would brake out occasionally like a bunch of bratty kids. He held his calm and just kept demonstrating. And he sure makes it all so easy to understand. He has a way of making you believe you can do it too.
You will notice I am talking about my new found family in just bits at a time. I have strong feelings about these folks and I am somewhat emotional so I figured if I do a few at a time I won't act like a big baby. And, oddly enough, I feel closer to those of you who couldn't come. We must make sure that next time we find a way to increase our group!!!

Diana

#74   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Lord of the Arts
In Ville-billy Land!

Hails from United States

The best part about meeting folks from the net.......

I can HEAR you people when ya type now. I LOVE that little bonus.
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Immortalized

Hails from Uruguay

Cathy is on the road headed to the airport. I miss you all already. I'm crashing again!