WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Lord of the Arts
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

Hails from United States
Re: who are you?

Rod, I always have room for visitors, anytime.

Mark
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Immortalized

Hails from Uruguay

Tell me this then. When is the best time to come? I read in one of my skydiving magazines that there is a place or two to jump. I would love to make a jump while I'm there. It would have to rival Hawaii & Australia as far as being beautiful!!!
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2008, 03:55 AM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. I haven't been around much recently, my son and daughter-inlaw who live about 100 miles from me had their first baby, a boy, in the middle of June and two weeks later my daughter-inlaw had to have surgery for gall stones. I did a lot of driving. Then the end of July my daughter gave birth to their 3rd son, they have twin boys that are about 21 months old. and finally my wife decided since all went well with the baby's and the surgery that it was time to get away for a break. We went to Yellowstone so I haven't had a lot of time for artwork. However, I will post a little picture that I managed to scratch out.
It's pretty cool to put a face to the names on here, great idea Rod-man. Here's my mug and a couple of my best buds.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2008, 08:36 AM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Wow Sybil, those birds of yours are stunning!! No wonder you are the 'bird lady'

Quote:
Originally Posted by betz
**waiting for retaliatory post from Patrick** )
Oh I'm above that. Anyway, I was once voted in the top ten lookers in my family (of four)
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Immortalized

Hails from Uruguay

Harold was a cool crew you have there. Atta-boy on the new addition to the family!

Patrick...... Lol at you taking the high road. Lol I think everyone was expecting you to lay me out.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Lord of the Arts
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

Hails from United States

Rod, you want to know what time of year would be good for jumping out of a perfectly good airplane? I'm sure that they jump in the Anchorage area, weather dependant. What do you wish to do while your here, fish, watch wildlife, hike around or just kick back and enjoy a bit of cool weather.

Seriously, the summers are not to bad here, can be a bit buggy at times. This summer has been the coldest on record in South Central Alaska. Had new snow on the mountains in July, where the heck is that global warming when you need it. July is usually a good month, it's warm, the salmon are running in the rivers and streams, and the halibut fishing is pretty good. If you want to view wildlife, then late August or September can be good, brown bear are still fishing for Coho salmon trying to put on that last few pounds prior to taking thier nap. It's not the best time to see moose, unless it's early August. Dall sheep and goats can be high in the mountains, but I know a few places where you can find them in August from the road system. The caribou are starting to herd up and can even be into thier migration that time of year. It's also a pretty good time of year to watch whales, sea lions and seals. Bald eagles are always around winter, spring, summer and fall. The September fall can be very beautiful here. I especially like the high tundra because the colors are so vivid. Almost forgot the glaciers, I think they are the best for viewing in the fall, prior to the first snows, they will have the deepest blue colors where there has been fresh calving, and of course the tempereatures are always 10 or 15 degrees colder when you are close to them.

Alaska is a huge state, far larger than most people realize and we have very few roads. We don't have numbers on our highways, they all have names, cause there isn't that many of them. Everyone knows about the summer sun that never sets in the north. If you really want to get yourself lost, just use the sun for direction, it rises in the northeast, loops towards the south and sets in the northwest, just sort of makes a circle in the sky. Alaska has a large number of the highest peaks on the contient, we have more rivers than one could float in a life time, glaciers larger than some of the states in the lower forty-eight, more coast line than all of the US combined, lots of active volcanoes, and to many lakes to count. Anyway, you get the idea.

Let me know what you would like to do if you decide to visit

Mark
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Immortalized

Hails from Uruguay

Msrk. All of the above. Who needs to make a skydive with all that to see? Wow! Wow! IM me a phone number and a good time to call. Fly into where? I'll start looking into flights. Wow! I'm in.

I should add. Thanks for taking the time to type all of that. It all sounds great! Except the bugs.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Lord of the Arts
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Well I don't have any formal photos of myself so here's one that I use for an avatar on facebook. I am also somewhat paranoid about online personal security. I am in the military and have had some bad experiences with a stalker and someone went as far as poisening one of my old dogs. I mention this as I enjoy the forum and wanted to explain my views on things that we take for granted. As usual the stupid image uploader is screwing up on me and this time I got a screen shot to show the admins what the issue is. I might have to use the paperclip to attach a thumbnail. Yeah it screwed up on me so here's the thumbnail.
Attached Images

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

I can't even see the paper clip les

Oh my goodness Mark. You've got me wanting to jump on the next plane over there too now!!!
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Immortalized

Hails from Uruguay

Patrick. I mooched first. I get the couch. Your sleeping with the dog! Lol
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Lord of the Arts
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

Hails from United States

There's room for all of you. Someone might have to sleep on a cott in the shop, but it's warm.

Mark
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2008, 08:56 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall
Patrick. I mooched first. I get the couch. Your sleeping with the dog! Lol
My wife already reckons she sleeps with a dog
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

This is me and Angel. I am the one with the hat.

#44   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Immortalized

Hails from Uruguay

Fire. What's the iron for?
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

It was second place in a pheasant challenge. 15 minutes, six shells to find, shoot and retrieve, six pheasants to hand. It was a small club event with about 12-15 handler-dog teams.