WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2019, 05:57 AM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England
The Scumble...AKA grumble!

Join us here in the Scumble. Discuss your every day lives, complaints and accomplishments. Art in progress or anything else you want to talk about.

I'm recovering from a hammertoe surgery, this time the left foot, so after 2 weeks I was allowed to drive my automatic...last time I had to wait 6 weeks, but that was my right foot and a more extensive surgery. However, the recovery time is the same for both! My grumble is I spend so long with my foot elevated, I'm getting bored and snacking...now it HAS to stop!!
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2019, 02:59 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States
Re: The Monthy Scumble...AKA grumble!

Happy to hear you are on the road to recovery. It's almost sandal time, so I hope you have your eye on a new pair.
We just had company for a few days, and our son and wife are coming in this weekend. So it's laundry and changing beds. When you live in San Diego, you have a lot of company.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2019, 06:12 AM

Hails from England

I bet you do Karen! I don't get my American relatives popping over at the same rate...hmmm...I wonder why?
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2019, 06:10 PM

Hails from England

Would you believe it...2 days after my last post...I had two visitors from NY!! what a surprise!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:51 PM

Hails from England

I'm having a grumble because of our non stop rain....just saying!! in case you're looking in...feel a bit silly talking to myself!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-29-2019, 09:49 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Dee, aren't you now experiencing a heat wave? It's still cool here on the coast. Once the ocean warms, we'll be experiencing real summer.
Here's my grumble...my mini van needed new brakes. When I got it home, the new brakes were squishy and almost went to the floor. I took it back to the mechanic, it felt unsafe. I waited a week, went to pick it up and it was the same. I went up to the mechanic, said it didn't seem right. He assured me it was fine. Seven minutes later, on the freeway, the car was shaking and shimmying like I had 2 flat tires. No flat tire. Waited at the side of the very busy freeway for a tow. Had it towed elsewhere. Not happy!!!

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2019, 03:18 PM

Hails from England

Yes, we had a one day heat wave!! We got up to 86degrees here....but France got 114!! My sister's there....she was hot!! now we're back to my favourite - 70 degrees...warm but comfortable!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2019, 05:07 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Tomorrow, I will have some good news. No grumbling. A few "whoo-hoo's" are about to burst forth.

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:49 PM

Hails from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by water girl
Tomorrow, I will have some good news. No grumbling. A few "whoo-hoo's" are about to burst forth.
Wating with bated breath!!
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2019, 02:36 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

I posted the link to the Pastel Society of Southern California's online exhibition over in the Gallery. I'm honored to be included.

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2019, 06:21 PM

Hails from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by water girl
I posted the link to the Pastel Society of Southern California's online exhibition over in the Gallery. I'm honored to be included.
Well done Karen! Not surprised though....they obviously have good taste!
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2019, 07:02 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-14-2019, 04:42 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

I have a bit more good news to share. One of my paintings has been accepted into the Pastel Society of North Carolina's Online Juried Show. I'll post the link for our members when the show posts September 1st.

Last edited by water girl : 08-14-2019 at 07:35 PM.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2019, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member
Central Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

I've been away for a while, lurking, but not active.

All is well here, beautiful summer, and what looks to be the start of a beautiful fall. After last year's rainy weather it is appreciated.

I've been working on finishing the acrylic paintings I had started, I keep thinking about my pastels and have to stay focused.

Recovering from shoulder surgery, slower than I had hoped, everyone keeps telling me I'm on schedule for recovery time, but it seems like forever. My husband trying to make a ponytail is amusing, the man that can make or fix anything gets his butt kicked with a ponytail.

I think I have officially given myself over to old age. We sold my mid life crisis car in january replaced it with a 1999 Jeep Cherokee, in coma beige, with the aweful beige and black interior. The worst color, but only had 54,000 miles and runs like a dream. Where does my little sports car wind up? Parked at the planet fitness next to were I go for PT for my shoulder...... yeah rub it in.....

My son is still in the navy, stationed in Mississippi, so I don't see him near enough. Right now his is deployed to Spain, getting his second sailor Jerry tattoo (probably as I type, his first was done in scotland... why not a souvenir?) He's grown up so much over the last 4 years. I still miss him terribly.

Our Labrador puppy is grown. He's the most athletic dog I've ever seen, it's too bad I don't do agility training, he would excell. He's a young soul that makes us laugh every day, not a responsible bone in his body, total puppy.

I'm going to try and be more active. I've become a bit of a recluse.
Hope all is well with everyone
Sharen
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2019, 04:00 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Welcome back, Sharen. Recovering from surgery is an obstacle we all face at times. It's on baby step at a time. Just hang out with us, to keep pastels at the top of your list of things to return to.