WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2015, 12:41 PM
North East England.

Hails from England
Talking Weeders' Monthly Chat Room: July>>>.

Happy July Peeps!
Not sure how busy we'll be in here this month (again) - too many other things happening I guess, what with summer, gardens and holidays up north - and autumn/winter for our downunderer friends!

Today was blisteringly hot (for us anyway, at around 27C) - and then this afternoon the thunderstorms started - forked lightning, black sky, torrential rain ......... Now, it's calm again and just light cloud obscuring the sun, so the temps are more comfortable

Robert (skappy) has had even hotter weather than us - not sure about the storms though, they're maybe just in England!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada
Re: Weeders' Monthly Chat Room: July>>>.

Happy Canada Day to those who celebrate
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2015, 04:29 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Oh! Sorry not to realise that Eeps - Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends here.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2015, 05:20 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Beautiful B.C.

Hails from Canada

Popping in to Wish a Happy Canada Day to my Friends. IT'S 150 yrs this year

We're having record breaking weather.... over 100 Degree F -38 Degree C this past week most days,
except Monday we had some storms Lightening Thunder, but it's up there again today, they say even higher plus the possible storms too....

We do get that weather here in summer but usually the end of July and August is more common....
I love the sunshine and heat, and as long as I have air conditioning.

Also hosting the July "Plant Parade Challenge" in the Floral Forum. So come and join us....we're painting Gladiolus "Glads" this month.
Here's a link........HERE

Waiting to hear how Bonnie's Trip to France turned out. She's back, LOL

Just found out my Daughter and family are heading to England/Wales....in August for a couple weeks. SIL fathers' side of family good old Welshmen....grrrrr....LOL
I've met them lovely people, They've been before but not with their daughter, so this will be fun.
I've already told her I want picture, picture, pictures.......

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2015, 05:34 AM
WC! Guide
Westbroek, The Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Hi all,
In the Netherlands we also have a heat wave. So I'm staying inside because I cannot bear heat and sun.

Last weekend I had an Art Fair, organised by one of the biggest Art Galleries in the Netherlands (locations in 4 places). I only sold one small painting (the sheep from last weeks WDE)
but the gallery asked me to leave my big paintings behind. They want to represent my work That was a huge compliment for me.
Even though they take 50% commission. They also asked me to double my prices (in 2 steps) because they thought my work was way too cheap.
Here are 2 (not so good) photos of my booth there.

Have a Great SUMMER!

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2015, 06:06 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Beautiful B.C.

Hails from Canada

Oh Connie how wonderful, Congradulations !!! Such a huge honor to be asked to join a top notch Gallery... So happy for you, well deserved.

I see a painting from a reference of my Grand daughter Julia in the photo, it put a smile on my face. LOL
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2015, 06:47 AM
A WC! Legend
Beaudesert Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Congratulations Connie, your work deserves the recognition and a decent price tag. I see a bit of Norfolk Island made the cut as well.
Keep cool everyone, it sounds very distressing weather especially if you are not used to it. It is winter here but it has been very mild so far. I was working in the garden yesterday in my summer clothes but it has cooled off a bit today.
Happy Canada day, I was in Vancouver 2 years ago and just loved everything about it and have vowed to return some day to see some more of your wonderful country.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2015, 07:55 AM
WC! Guide
Edinburgh

Hails from United Kingdom

Congratulations Connie, this is brilliant news

The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do - Rowland Emett
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2015, 07:20 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Connie, that's fantastic news, congratulations! Well deserved and I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now!

More heat and more storms here - last night was really active, massive thunder, lightning and rain. Earlier this week we had hailstones the size of golf balls here in Yorkshire - damaged the cars and shattered windscreens! Wonder who you blame for dinted body work when claiming on Insurance!!!

**My SAA website**
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2015, 08:27 PM
A WC! Legend
florida

Hails from United States

Connie...that is so wonderful...!!! what great news !! and my Henry (boston terrier) is in your collection, that is so exciting,, it really made my 4th of July weekend something special ! tyree
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Happy July 4 to those who celebrate!

Congrats to Connie!
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Adopted city Bangkok,Thailand

Happy 4th of July to our American friends.

Hello to others

Wonderful Connie and congratulations.

To do in what you love is freedom and to love in what you do is happiness......writer unknown
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2015, 10:28 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Congrats Connie, your work is so marvellous
I hard about the heat wave one of my coworkers is from Holland and told me it was 40c, our host in Gascony said the day after we left it went to 40c too,
It was 30-35 while we were there
YES I am back, what wonderful time
My favourite part of the 5 days in Paris was visiting the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay gallery (lots of French impressionists), and shopping at the Senneleir art store ( the oldest art store in Paris) thanks for the heads up Scappy
Loved the train ride south, the history, the ancient villages (Serlat le Canada) was my favourite, fresh food, local cheese and wine, chocolate noir, expresso,
Painting on site, walking the villages, shopping the markets
Sigh
Now I am officially retired and have all these ideas in my mind to paint
Better have a look at the Wde, and start sorting my photos

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2015, 11:18 PM
A Local Legend

Hey Everybody!

Happy 4th !, Canada Day!, and
importantly Congratulations to Connie!

We had three days of rain a drop in temps after having two weeks of oppressive heat on the East Coast of US. So rain and cooler weather is headed East. It's weird, my dead grass needs to be mowed now.

So I have a question, if I go back and pick a WDE photo from a not current week, several photos, do they still have to be done in two hours to post here, or how does this work? Do you just list the weeks, and MI? I am not sure when I'll get to paint and post.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2015, 01:29 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hi Nickel - still 2 hours - or WIP and finish later .. just take a scan and show us the 2 hr stage

If you can tell us the host/week that also helps the memory remember the refs

Post separate threads if you wish or add them all to one thread ..... we used to run a 'Catch-up' thread for these but it became redundant!

**My SAA website**