WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Printmaking
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-16-2019, 12:47 PM

question on litho press

I have a Charles Brand (30 by 50 bed) litho press. It is disassembled. Does anybody have any tips on how I can assemble it. I bought it at Walla Wall University and had 6 undergrads help me break it apart and load and unload off my truck years ago. Any ideas would be appreciated. It is tremendously heavy - even in pieces. I just bought a 3460 Takach etching press so I am excited to be able to do litho and etching in my garage - finally !! I just have to figure out a way to assemble the litho press.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2019, 12:39 AM

Re: question on litho press

I would contact CB with serial#. I googled their Litho presses, very heavy looking components indeed. I remember leveling the table bearings on all the presses when I was a tech, just part of the fun! You might need a block and tackle secured to your cieling joists to lift the main roller. L R
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2019, 09:26 PM

I am pretty sure CB no longer exists. I will contact Perry Tymeson at Suitcase Press, Dean Clark at Graphic Chemical and Tom Conrad at Conrad Press - maybe there's a diagram/manual of sorts - yea, I will need some kind of hoist, lift or crane. Thank you.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-19-2019, 02:50 AM

Well I wish you luck, good to see another Litho printer, one of the greatest mediums ever!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-19-2019, 07:13 PM

here's my website - has quite a bit of litho as well as relief and etching

I hope this link stuff works - if not it is felixvillarreal.com

http://felixvillarreal.com/