Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Some oil portraits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Laurel Boeck

Phranque

Really outstanding work, Laurel.

Critiques and comments are always welcome.

TomMather
                123harry

Excellent!

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

Ron Francis

Yes, I agree. Done from life?

Ron
                        www.RonaldFrancis.com

ianuk

Superb portraits, but they would be given your status as an artist, would they not? :)

AnnieA

Incredible and so lifelike – they seem to show the personality of the sitter. :clap:

EDIT: Curious about what ianuk said about your status, I googled and found your site. [em]Amazing[/em] portraits!
                                https://boeckstudio.com/index.htm

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                                [FONT=Palatino]
                                “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

Tony11214

Stunning work!

Loretta7

Exceptional work. Very insightful.

[FONT="Tahoma"]CxC always welcome :thumbsup:

mkilci

Incredible work. If you don’t mind me asking, what surface are you using? I am new to oils. I want to try oil primed Belgian linen. I can’t figure out the best way to acquire some (remade, make myself, board, stretched???) Such a complicated subject…

Dorrart

First off, welcome to the forums!

I love the elegance of your style, for example the economy of lines used in the dark hair in the second portrait just captivates me. Beautiful skin tones, again, economic use of shadow tones in the creation of form. Lovely and lifelike, so much personality shows through. Looking at the paintings makes me wonder what they are thinking as they sit there, they seem so alive. Great work.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

slyfox75

oh my gosh, these are just breath taking!!! absolutely top notch.

AllisonR

These are very different styles, both outstanding. I really like the palette and the brushwork in the first one, controlled but appears very fresh. I also think it is a strong composition – profiles sometimes don’t work because the ear becomes the focal point, but in yours the flow of the hair keeps us focused on the eye, nose and mouth area. Lovely.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                                                        white canvas

Seeing the incredibly well crafted portraits the first thought was,’This Fine artist has to enter portrait competitions of National portrait gallery,sure winner there. I’m glad I didn’t “Cause I saw the comments above and the link to your website. What a treat!!!! Thank you for sharing.

dcaron

size? date? signature?
                                                                nice to look at.

Art is not what you see, but what you make others see. - Edgar Degas
                                                                http://www.dianecaron.com
                                                                my DA site: http://dcaron.deviantart.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.