Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art August 2019 Fantasy Sci-Fi Challenge and Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    talisman

GUIDELINES:
        On the first of each month a subject, concept or idea will be posted in a thread entitled Fantasy Science Fiction Monthly Challenge and Chat.

All entries must be new original artworks for this challenge in any style or genre of Fantasy or Science Fiction done in any medium, 2D or 3D.
        Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are working/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images! Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere such as the Reference Image Library or best of all your own wonderful imagination!
        A “reveal” date for all is 21th of the month, feel free to post till the end of the month, then a new Challenge will be posted.

Please post the finished artwork on this thread at that time.

This months theme is a fantasy or sci-fi landscape suggested by LavenderFrost.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

Oh dear lol. Now I will have to find time this month. Good thing it’s any medium. We’ll be going to the lake this weekend and staying for a week. Then hubby wants to take a trip after that, maybe go to the Mall of America. So maybe I’ll use Procreate for this one.

And what I had in mind with this suggestion is you start with a reference of a real landscape and turn it into a fantasy scene.

This makes you think about what makes a scene a fantasy scene. It could simply be the addition of fantasy creatures. Or maybe unusual trees and plants. Strange or gravity defying structures or land forms.

I think we should include the reference with the paintings later. It will be interesting to see how people choose to transform the landscape.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

talisman

Ok ….now I have to find a real life refrence to change…..good thing I didn’t start anything yet.:lol:

C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

Snow_tabby

I have a pretty big reference collection, always on the lookout for a possible painting. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be a big landscape. I found myself more drawn to closer scenes.

mkmcreations.com

I’m on vacation, taken so many photos so this is perfect!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

talisman

Good it looks like we all have inspiration and that’s the point!

C and C always welcome.
                    My DeviantArt Gallery

I’m back from vacation, it was wonderful though I’m exhausted.

I took so so many photos, I’ve just started going through them but I have an idea already. :)

Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

I had to take Sammy into the vet. He caught a respiratory virus at the kennel. He has had the shots for kennel cough but I guess that’s not a guarantee as like the human flu there are so many different mutations of viruses.

I was pretty ticked, this is supposed to be the best in the area and it is expensive but when I picked him up he had dog dirt all over him, his eyes were caked over and he was coughing. The girl thought it was funny that he had been sleeping so hard all day being too silly to realize something was wrong. I was furious!

The vet said he should be alright but it’s going to take awhile and it’s always a concern with an older dog to be sick like that.

The poor guy sounds so terrible, he coughed and wheezed all night long. I’ve been giving him frozen seedless watermelon that seems to help his throat.

I’m still going through photos, I loved San Antonio. It’s funny I had pictured it as a dry deserty place but it was gorgeous and has an amazing river walk between the buildings with massive trees and friendly ducks.

Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

talisman

I’m so sorry about Sammy, I hope he gets better soon.
                        Sounds like you had a nice vacation, always interesting to go to new places.

C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

talisman

Started on my a few days ago and finished today….done early what a surprise!

C and C always welcome.
                            My DeviantArt Gallery

Sammy is still pretty sick, the vet said it’ll take weeeks because it was so hard on his system. His eye which was also injured is worrisome, hoping it heals okay though.

I’m almost done mine too, I have the linework part done, just need to color it. We always watch Battlebots on Fridays, I usually draw or whatever while doing that.

Find me on Instagram
                            Find me on Facebook

So sad for Sammy, I hope he gets better soon.

We’re back from our holiday in the US. I did start on my project last week while camping but had no time this week. We travelled from Manitoba to Minneapolis, or I guess Bloomington, to see the Mall of America. We did the Crayola Experience, Sea Life, Fly Over America and Canada (that’s really cool), Build a Bear, ate a couple of times, and went on one little ride. Next day we went to Milwaukee because hubby wanted to see the Harley Davidson museum. Next morning we went to Discovery World and then started heading back home. We spent a night somewhere and made it home last night. We went to the Hobby Lobby in Fargo. Wow, I wish we had a store like that in Manitoba.

mkmcreations.com

vanity

Uh-oh. Looks like I’m first :clear:

I’ve been rather miserable and unmotivated for past few months, but I sort of managed to get myself together and was able to pick up a pen again.

The Sleeping Tree ( mixed media on A3 Canson Illustration) is a painting loosely based on a very peculiar tree that grows very close to my neighborhood. I’ve always wanted to incorporate it into my works. I think it may be one of my most time-consuming pieces. It took me 6(!) days to complete.

https://www.instagram.com/clay_and_ink/
                                https://www.deviantart.com/whitewillows
                                Formerly vanity

talisman

Very cool!
                                    I love your sleeping tree and the reference is great, do you mind if I use it also?

C and C always welcome.
                                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.