Home Forums Explore Subjects Plein Air Plein Air Hall of Fame A Guide to Pochade Boxes and Plein Air Easels

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    b123

I wrote this guide[/URL] to help my students who were considering buying a pochade box or a plein air easel. Pochade boxes and plein air easels are quite expensive, particularly when you add up all the accessories you need. Over the years I have probably bought about 20 easels most of which I don’t use now and that are just taking up space in my studio.

So I wrote this guide[/URL] to help you ask the right questions, and avoid making the same mistakes I did. Hopefully my advice on buying pochade boxes will save you a lot of money!

I wrote some comparison charts on a pochade box and easel that would support at least a 11×14 size panel and palette. Where the manufacturer did not provide this size, I used the nearest size. See my website[/URL] for more information.

Barry John Raybould

My Paintings, My Blog

TomMather

Barry – Thank you so much for posting your guide. I’ve got two of the plein air systems described in your guide: a Mabef half-size French easel, and a small Guerilla Box that holds 6×8 panels. I have also found the RayMar panel holder cases to be invaluable.

Late to the party so maybe things were removed since 2019.  There are markers in the original post but no links or url’s except in signature.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.