Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Hand and foot from life

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    joe1It

Hand and foot from life, this time I tried to do something live, 3 days ago the sheet with my hand the hand,
        yesterday the foot (on the big toe there was a gauze that I tried to draw) and the relative leg,
        and then another hand, always the left hand.
        I used pencil 2b, sheets a3, I didn’t time it,
        maybe the first 40 minutes?
        the other 2, perhaps the first one hour, and the second hand less, but I don’t know, also because I tried to delete something, to return to a line maybe even more.

second photo sheet held horizontally and photographed in full. So I tried to draw as big as I could.
        It was not always good for me to hold positions at certain times, so I could have changed the position or look a little.

Thanks for seeing them. :wave:

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

Good studies!

bethany
        moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
        website www.bethanyart.com
        My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

Joe I wouldn’t worry about how much time it takes, it’s a good way to practice… another way would be to use a mirror… it’s a little easier to see the hands and feet from perspective.

Mac

Well done Joe. That first hand is excellent. Definitely the best work i’ve seen from you :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
        Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

joe1It

Bethany, Mac, David, thank you all, thank you so much for your words, they made me very happy.
            Mac, ok for the time,
            for the mirror, thanks to the suggestion some time ago I had taken a small one, those portable mirrors, taken however thinking precisely of the design, but then I had used it little, about 20 x 10 cmq, however, with fold out sides and fold down stand.
            I’ll try again. At least for the hand and to try again to draw it, in the new attempts I can perhaps taking advantage of greater comfort then also hold a pen or coin.

:wave:

ArtistOz

The hand is a good effort Joe.

Bill,
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                Instagram, billwperry

joe1It

ArtistOZ, thank you,
                    Thank you so much .
                    PS:
                    Happy August (good mid-August) to all! (although I believe that in some countries it could fall back to another date or not be such recurrence, in this case happy summer where in fact it is summer :) )

vhere

This is something I need to do

Good practice Joe, keep it up.

Nathan.
                        C&C always appreciated.
                        My art on Instagram

joe1It

Vhere and Descartes thank you so much for seeing, kind words and encouragement. I have to draw more

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.