WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WC Site Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a new icon for 'bloody/violent' works?
Yes, good idea 27 65.85%
I don't think it's necessary 14 34.15%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2001, 10:04 AM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally posted by kelly
Arlene,

Do you read? If so you would read Ivyleafs post and realize that was offensive. Furthermore, you also offended me. Please read my post. I asked a question.

As part of your own arguments in the past (and I believe this issue as well), you conclude that what is "offensive" is the sole opinion of the viewer. Same applies here. I didn't find anything offensive with her post, but I'm not you. :-)

Quote:
Why are YOU antagonizing if your are a MODERATOR?

Debates. Take it to debates. Moan ....

Cheers.
Scott
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2001, 03:11 PM
Lord of the Arts

<b>if you are typing with your child on your lap...YOU ARE A BAD PARENT, and no icon will help raise your child. because this is essentially what you are asking for. what parent sits infront of the computer, goes to an ADULT ART SITE and "interacts" with their child? okay, you want to educate your child in art???? explain about expression. use common sense...figure it out. </b>

That's an opinion, imo, and not a fact.
My 3 yr old grandson knows all the letters and numbers on this keyboard. He also spells & types cat all by himself. He also clicks his way around the images. He knows more about this computer than I do. How is that being bad? He's been exposed to titty's, apples and oranges, landscapes... how is that being a bad parent? He shows me his discomfort, and his comfort zones. I respect those. How is letting a child teach us to respect their own emotions a bad parent? He already skips the butt icons all on his own during his uncomfortable days. He clicks them on his curious days and we have fun naming body parts. Even so, there were many he liked, but many made him uncomfortable. It's his choice whether to open or not.. only HE knows his level of comfort for the day. He ASKS questions. Only *I* know when I'm in Q/A mode for the day and I choose when to sign-online with him.

I could put him in a padded room with just a crayon I suppose. Would that make me a better parent figure?
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2001, 03:51 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Debates, debates, debates. Please take this to the debate forum. Continued discussion here will result in this thread being closed.

Site discussions ... site discussions ... think site discussions... :-)

Cheers.
Scott
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2001, 03:56 PM
Lord of the Arts
UK

Hails from United Kingdom
Getting back on topic... have you chosen a new icon yet, Scott?

Helen
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2001, 03:59 PM
Lord of the Arts

:::shuffling feet in carpet, lower lip dropping to chest, eyes looking at floor::: Sorry Scott.
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2001, 04:01 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Hehe - no. We'll let the voting run another week or so. Many folks only stop by once a week or once a month to check in. This will give everyone ample time to participate.

Cheers.
Scott
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2001, 08:24 PM
A WC! Legend
Lawn Guylind

Hails from United States
Quote:
Originally posted by kelly

Arlene,

Do you read? If so you would read Ivyleafs post and realize that was offensive. Furthermore, you also offended me. Please read my post. I asked a question.

Why are YOU antagonizing if your are a MODERATOR?

K

1. I am not a moderator in this forum, and like the rest of the WC community, I'm entitled to my own opinions, and entitled to express them.

2. I do read and I found your post antagonistic towards Ivy and her opinions. There is a way to say things in a way that gets your point across, without sounding like everyone else is either stupid or has their heads up their...um...i mean has their heads in the sand.
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2001, 10:46 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
a path to nowhere

Hails from Zimbabwe
Do you not realize what she said was extremely offensive? Would you mind repeating EXACTLY what I asked and point out what part of that was offensive? Drop your personal dislike for me Arlene and please be OBJECTIVE. If you do not I recommend you read the part about standards. There are alot of people that take offense to that remark

OK. Youre not a moderator here. You have an opinion and I think it is wrong.
  #84   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2001, 08:21 AM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Enough. Thread closed. Voting over.