WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#91   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Lord of the Arts
Forest Lake, Mn

Hails from United States
Re: Who Are You?

Thanks Patrick. I actually got your blog on that. That was wonderful- too bad I don't speak Greek! LOL. I can probably have my daughter help me when the time comes if I can't figure it out, but I'm worried that the photos I have (pieces are mostly sold) aren't good enough for jurying. I just can't figure out how to get "good" ones. I have a very good camera, it can take good enough photos to be printed in books, but apparently maybe not good enough for the jury process. I hate to lose out because of that so I'm hesitant to apply until I can figure it out (hopefully I can!)
  #92   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Lakeland, Florida

Hails from United States

eileen mchargue, Lakeland, FL

Been doing scratchboard for a while, intermittently. Artist all my life. I do Alternate Media: Pastel, Oil Pastel, Colored Pencil & Watercolor Crayon.

I also dabble in just about anything....Art Whore, that's me! It's my life.
Here is one 5x7 I scratched from life when I was first starting scratching. The dog was asleep, what can I say? Usually I use photos like everyone else! lol

#93   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2011, 06:08 AM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Hi Eileen, love your style. That is pretty darn impressive from life!!
  #94   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Lakeland, Florida

Hails from United States

Hey, old dog, and sleeping. The hardest part is to remember to draw the WHITE and NOT THE BLACK! Fortunately I have a bunch of experience in looking at negatives, which helped.
  #95   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Cape Cod, Mass.

Hi, I'm Tina, an artist and photographer from Cape Cod, Mass. Married a sailor when I was 21 and went sailing for 20 years. Life on a crowded boat(2 people, 2 dogs, and 3 parrots) led to my artwork getting smaller. I worked in pen and ink pointillism for a while. Moved home after my husband died and I'm now trying to get more serious about my art. I also paint(watercolors, oil) but drawing is my main interest. Only been scratching for less than a year but totally addicted...

#96   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Chilliwack B.C. Canada

Hails from Canada

Hi everyone; I am Fetje (Fay) de Jong. I was born in Holland but have lived in Canada since the age of four, currently in Gatineau Quebec. I have taken art seriously for the last 20 years and have tried everything from stained glass, mosiacs, wood burning to twig furniture building,and at last, painting. I was browsing Flickr for pictures of wild cats when I came across Cathy Sheeters work. I was in awe and new I had to try this. This lead me to Wet Canvas and I am so glad to have found this sight.What an inspiration so many of you have been. Here is a collage of a bit of my work, among these are the 8 scratchboards that I have done to date. The other pic is a watercolour done on aquaboard with a bit of scratching in it as well.
  #97   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2011, 08:36 PM
WC! Guide
Northern California

Hails from United States

Thanks for posting some info for us, Tina & Fay. I know I've seen your work in the other threads!

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook
  #98   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2011, 08:43 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Tina, your work is amazing! And sailing for 21 years? Now that's a dream life!

Fetje, I love that montage of your art - wow!!
  #99   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2011, 07:25 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

My name is Margaret and I am a Scratchaholic.......no wait, that is another program. I live in Arkansas, USA, in the Ozark mountains. I specialize in portraits but also do landscapes, trompe l'oeil, and still life. I work mostly in oil but also do acrylics, graphite and colored pencil and during the past year I've added scratchboard. I totally love it. I have always been a lover of details and scratchboard just lends itself to details. Here is a self portrait of me, called "Emerging Artist".

I pressed the space bar but I'm still on earth!
My work on Facebook
  #100   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2011, 04:35 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Awesome portrait Margaret. Very arty and extremely well done. Really enjoyed having you around lately!
  #101   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2011, 04:03 PM
WC! Guide
Northern California

Hails from United States

A very cool painting, Margaret!

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook
  #102   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2011, 09:26 PM

My name is Ma, Jiesi. I picked up that name while taking Chinese at school and thought it would be a good pen name since my real name would make it impossinble for people to find me online. Hint if your ever running from someone change your name to Jessica Morgan I love my name but its like John Smith. I was born in 1984, upstate NY.
I went to hs of Art and Design, QCC, Art students League, School of Visual Art and Accademy of Art universty and just started getting into scratchboard
  #103   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2011, 09:43 PM
A Local Legend
Southwestern Corner of Utah

Hails from United States

New to scratchboard, but not to Wet Canvas. I started out on the Animals&Wildlife forum, then off to Acrylics for other subjects. My favorite painting so far is in acrylics (have only finished one scratchart so far, and 3/4 on another, so they are far from my favorites.) I have done art as fun all my life, and for 'real' the past few years.

Here is "Wild Horses" 18x24, canvas:
  #104   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2012, 03:37 AM

Hi...my name is Lonetta, but everybody just calls me Netta. I am very excited and very nervous to be here as I am having a wake-up from a very long hiatus from art. It's been more than 10 years since I have done anything in the fine arts....I've been surviving on crafts for the last 10 years and it just doesn't fill the void within me properly. Scratching was one of my most enjoyed media choices and I am eager to start again.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, just north of Seattle with my hubby and two rambunctious little boys. I am completely self taught in the arts with no formal training. I much prefer drawing media to painting, but have dabbled in watercolor and acrylics in the past. I would show you some art, but well...everything is over ten years old and my new supplies are still coming in the mail. I only have three finished scratchboards and the rest was on scratch-art paper...I was in high school too, so most of the images referenced were straight out of library books....don't know that I would even feel comfortable showing them.

I look forward to learning and growing on here....not to mention working the rust out of my artistic joints.
  #105   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Welcome to all of you Even the rambunctious little boys