WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching > The Classroom
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#811   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member

Re: Basic 101: Class 18 - Drawing Portraits

Hi Ken, I did this, I drew a little bigger, the next ones I think I'll make them like the first ones, maybe they were more in line (realistic) dimensions with those for an entire portrait. And in case of error it is easier to start again, however this has made us practice more.
However, I think I was still a bit too wrong with the proportions, true? although initially I was above all on this, canceling and trying again.
in the new attempts then I will try to get closer (and maybe I thought I would do daily, at least for a while, splashes of eyes to train and remember me directions)

thanks for seeing, a warm greeting

#812   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-19-2019, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

hi,i did this, I send it but as a wip I will continue to try to darken and cancel a little I think.
Even measures I don't know if he tried again to change them,
(and besides, the photos didn't come out very well, too clear, sorry, so after continuing I would try better),
on the initial phase, sketch, measurements, I confess that after a few hours I have also traced, taken on some overlapping lines (something that perhaps does not help me to learn beyond .., I don't know if it's ok)
thanks again for everything, thanks.
a warm greeting

#813   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

hi, I did this

photo original

gimp

here the reference

thanks for seeing,
a warm greeting,
  #814   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2019, 06:34 PM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Nice progress, Joe

Drawing and Sketching Forum Guide for D&S Classroom
  #815   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2019, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member

Arnoud
heartfelt thanks
  #816   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-31-2019, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member

hi, /I have to start new references)
I made from this photo https://img1.wsimg.com/isteam/ip/e44...:555,m,cg:true

a small attempt to practice (better understand) with loomis

perhaps in one of the first comments I said here
that I was trying to learn loomis as a possible way to do
portraits to have a skeleton from which to start if it worked, as a way to take measures that I tried to learn along with the other methods that you told me, comparatives etc.

I don't know if actually trying to learn better loomis, to learn portrait, for pencil drawing in which idea is however to look for similarity

if maybe using it for faster designs I will not try to learn a possibly realistic shading.
I did this by looking at a PC image

doubt and if you do something like this to try to improve the design more perhaps by measuring at this point as much as possible to adjust or try to copy, limestone on a good sheet? digital? etc?
or to insist above all or only on measures, comparative or to try to learn
SightSize or similar.
so in any case always print the photos, probably that makes sense indeed ...
here the doubt and if to add to my design the printing (if a4 I have no space problem otherwise I have to try to change something) or 2 years ago I had seen something but I could not understand how to position the sheet in that way,
long ago I saw a video trailer where artist was perhaps about a meter from the model, he drew his face in a glass or plexigas and then superimposed it on the face of the reference that matched,.
however this was indicated, it also happened to draw looking at a photo, but I don't know how the photo was put, and anyway I wouldn't remember it, so not like, if it's side by side but sideways, I think (I don't know if it can be done even closer).
I did not understand position and distance, if it can be closer.
I don't know If this is a better way to train an eye too (if it is something that is actually taught, that can be learned or improved),
I don't say to make a portrait but like the skeleton of a bottle, cube.
This method is nice that you could do then both by drawing an object and a photo. So exercise both things
Maybe if photos are small it's difficult but if you can vary distance.
I don't know whether to try it (tests with felt-tip pen and plexigas, this I had from 2 frames that I had taken reading something to draw right side I think, then I had not used it a lot but it seemed to me a nice idea) this thing (feeling and allenni eyes making so many attempts, tests that train you both for photos and for drawing from life, if you prepare everything) or in the end it is enough to combine photos with the sheet (perhaps something more logical, possibly with quality prints and I'm wrong to use a screen and not photo and if the values ​​do not go well in the press, for shading I go back to the monitor .. I had abandoned print because my prints were afraid of the dark more than me.)
happy halloween, a warm greeting, thank you and excuse the chat

#817   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

today I did this, (also in a similar theme, head, procedure lo) but unlike the previous one it is from design.
https://www.titikmall.store/wp-conte... _faces_2.jpg

before I started drawing he was a boy, at the end he was a man
seeing the photo it seems to me this,
a bit like some noses, the previous drawings,
in fact I did this even when I was drawing as a child,
a female face (when I used to draw them, I usually tried to draw comics) became a bearded man ...
I believe that it is right then that I am now trying above all with women models, so practicing I can improve this

thanks for seeing

Last edited by joe1It : 10-31-2019 at 10:27 PM.
  #818   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member

pencil

no bristol,
sheet + cheap and thin a3, I had not taken reference and decided what to do, if I tried a drawing and shaded.
I was thinking of scribbling first.
(next I shoot bristol album regardless of the subject but I think nose ,nose's)

I started with only b7 then I took a lighter pencil thinking about what Ken says about the tooth and here it was better (paper is light but doesn't seem to break easily but above all it leaves wider white spaces)
  #819   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

Then yesterday I found what I was saying and in a free tutorial where I read better about it, about measurement
https://www.artacademy.com/About-Artacademy.shtml, on this site, today the link to put it is not going.

before reading it instead I started then a drawing, a portrait after having seen of Mucha, on the Art Nouveau, movement that I do not know in reality, of which I had seen little, however beautiful, I think I will look at other drawings, I will read better on wikipedia or other link in this regard.
In any case, I had thought of measuring, seeing a different position, more lateral,
anyway with this attempt I thought to exercise shading trying therefore to try it also a little differently given the style of the drawing, so as to try as you told me more things. things to do to take what's fun and practice anyway.

This first photo, complete and place another photo.

Instead I had seen other photos that could be good for noses I believe, and also drawings
Ps: instead of the face of the previous drawing, along with that I had seen just 2 drawings by the same artist on the noses.

have a nice weekend and thank you for everything

#820   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member

so it came to me, 2 photos because I didn't know which one to send.
as a nose instead, I did these thinking of exercising in the lines (see more noses), it is a drawing like these of loomis, since that of the nose is form, lines that thick deceive me to see them, to understand them even when drawn at times.
next references instead to try to give back attention to measures and shading, practice this.

2019/2090575-2019-11-03_12-19_pagina_2.jpg[/IMG]

have a nice Sunday
  #821   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2019, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member

looking at them now, the most obvious errors that will occur are what I seem to notice is the angle of the profile, the inclination