Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Bald Cypress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Artchrispy

This is 11×14 on yupo. It’s invented but these trees grow in Trap Pond, a local State Park. You can rent canoes at that park and paddle around them I used a photo reference for the tree. Its sort of dark painting, but should work with a white mat. , I was going to put super bright sky holes in the background but opted for light barked trees instead. It could probably use some lighter lights.

Christophervasil.com

rossmarie

Well done Chris. I agree with your last comment – yes it just needs a bit more light to ‘lift’ the painting. Would there be some light from the sky reflected in the water?

Mike :)

KiwiKate

You have a distinctive style and palette Chris. I would like to see a little more light and color, but that’s just me.

Kate
                Henderson, Nevada
                C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

I think this is great and probably looks dark in real life for sure.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

ErnstG

Very nice – prima colors!

Ernst

Meine Seiten - My website
                    Malen ist nicht alles im Leben - aber ohne Malen ist alles nichts!
                    Painting is not everything in life - but without painting everything is nothing!

Nemofish

Hi Chris, I like it. It gives me an almost abstract feeling. The darkness makes me feel like I’m deep in the swamp

- Greg
                        http://www.instagram.com/aquarelliart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.