WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:56 PM
raleigh, nc

Hails from United States
Recommend an 11x17 scanner under $600?

I am getting so tired of scanning my drawings in sections and stitching them together in Photoshop. An 11x17 scanner wouldn't solve all my problems but it would cut down the work somewhat. I currently use a 8x11 Epson that is about 5 years old!

The two links below were the two I have been considering, and both have mixed reviews. Does anyone here have experience with either of these or could perhaps recommend another model?

Plustek Optipro A320

Mustek ScanExpress A3
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Kea'au, HI

Re: Recommend an 11x17 scanner under $600?

As far as I can find, anything bigger than 8.5x11 costs like $2000 and up. I really do like my epson 4490, but it's small - I decided I just won't do work bigger anymore, just so i can get a good scan. Let us know what you get and how happy you are with it!! I'd love to find a bigger scanner for a good price.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Kea'au, HI

Re: Recommend an 11x17 scanner under $600?

(btw, trying to figure out why wetcanvas is saying i'm a new member when i've been coming on here for years. Maybe they lost my old stuff? (it HAS been a while since I've posted)