WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Composition and Design
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Missouri

Hails from United States
I need a little direction

I have a drawing assignment that I am stumped on. I can't seem to make a decent idea. Here is the assignment.

Pochoir & Frottage
Pochoir is a term that refers to making images using a stencil to help create and inform an image. Frottage is a term that applies to creating imagery through the use of rubbings, in which a textured surface rests underneath paper, and the drawing media picks up that texture.
You are to use a variety of materials to achieve this effect. Plastic or paper friskets, spray paint, pen & ink are all materials that work extremely well.

Create a drawing from the following descriptive
Communication/Isolation:
With the proliferation of contemporary technologies, people now have opportunities to communicate and interact with people as never before. Computer games, cell phones and social media such as Facebook and Twitter allow us accessibility to people and venues of public interest that would have been impossible just five years ago.
As communication avenues have opened up access to people, our physical interaction with people has decreased. Language has devolved from sophisticated rhythms and syntax to slang and contracted text formats. Interactions with others can be achieved without leaving a computer or moving from one’s couch. Physical activity can be responsive to the prompts of a computer game.
The ability to communicate with people has grown, and yet our interactions have become far more isolated. Rather than going to a venue to participate in an experience, that experience comes to the individual. The virtual is replacing the actual.

And he said that I can not use any technology in the drawing. So...no cell phones, no computers, no video games.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Lord of the Arts
With my pets >'.'<

Hails from United States
Re: I need a little direction

Sounds like you need to create a drawing using stencils and rubbings with the idea that technology such as cell phones and computers are making humans interact more with each other but the interactions with each other through technical means are more isolated. There is a lack of humanism or soul, when humans interact through technology rather than having a face to face conversation. Having a face to face conversations allows us to see the mannerisms, have eye contact, sense each other's feelings.

If it were my project I would go the surreal route and create rubbings of objects that are really humanistic, like a children's book that has a raised cover. And for the stencils I would find stencils that represent all things technical. And somehow put this together to represent a human vs. technology type of drawing.

My Cassandra Cat's Art Page~https://www.facebook.com/OilPainting...y/?ref=tn_tnmn
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Veteran Member
Arizona

Hails from United States
Re: I need a little direction

I'd love to see how this turned out!