Here is one that I did yesterday. I had an urge to paint some calla lilies and I discovered a piece of colourfix dark blue I had left over and so decided to experiment. It is painted from my own reference or callas I have growing under the shade of my magnolia grandiflora. They give a great show in spring.
22x32cm. I am quite pleased with it, apart from I wish I had another couple of cms space on the lhs
Strong C&Cs welcomed as I want to do this larger.
Here are some WIP shots
Drawing and reference photo. I bumped up the saturation and contrast in PS, but my printer always gives me prints that are washed out (this is a plus minus thing for me as I want the colour ref but this allows me to be a bit freeer
) - changed the composition slightly due to the size of the paper.
Starting to block in the underpainting.
The underpainting - I used OPs and then washed over with white spirits.
Stage 2 - first layer of colour
Got so involved in it I forgot to take any more progress shots - sorry