Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s on Your Easel…December 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE December 2017…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!! :wave:

for a more complete critique post in the main forum.

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Zooreka

Nancy.. Still refining The Fish and glazing… Gonna put some foliage in there… either aquarium or reef (maybe a bit of both and apply one or two more glazes before detailing.. Need to get this down as the fins of the background fish are semi tranparent,,,)

Also playing around with one or two exercises while waiting for the glazes to dry such as a limited palette landscape attempt at one of Liam Rainsford’s paintings…

Zooreka

phalaris

I’m working on a master copy of Landseer’s Distinguished Member of the Humane Society. Working up from a grisaille… which I haven’t finished yet.

[FONT="Garamond"]Scientist At Work | Artist At Play
                    Spirit of Turpentine: Blog space where I collect what speaks to me. Primarily 17th-19th century.

Zooreka

Nobody posting here this month???

– here’s an update on my fishy piece….

I wrapped up the landscape last week,,,

Zooreka

Phalaris – looking good there…. How is it progressing?

mtpalms

Looking good, you two!

I am taking the month off from painting to catch up on other things.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                                "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                                But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

Zooreka

Looking good, you two!

I am taking the month off from painting to catch up on other things.

:wave: I can’t say I blame you… I started the month with 3 pieces on the go…. been all fits and starts since. May try to finish the still life in the next week or so,,,

The fish till needs a bit of work.

Not sure I’m gonna fuss much about the holidays this year

Zooreka

Almost time to call it done…

Michaelshane

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                            Bob Dylan.

AnnieA

This painting is no longer in progress, and in fact it’s completed and sold. But since I had posted progress images in an earlier thread, I think it’s probably OK to post the final image now.
                                                Mama’s Mexican Kitchen 11×14

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                                                [FONT=Palatino]
                                                “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

mtpalms

:clap: congratulations on a sale, Annie! The painting is just marvelous. :heart:

AnnieA

Thanks, Marcia! Yeah, it sure felt good to sell a few paintings recently – my first ever!

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                                                        [FONT=Palatino]
                                                        “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

steveo2015

This one is approaching the stage when I’m not sure when to quit before it all goes South. I’m thinking I’ll add a bit more detail around the head but I want to keep the looseness of the painting. Any input is appreciated.

mtpalms

This is a very nuanced painting, with just enough of the fish highlighted to pull it out of the background, but not so much that it looks like it is ‘on top’ of the background. I would consider it finished. Well done!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.