Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to as What’s on Your Easel…June 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE June 2016…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!!
        [/SIZE]
        for a more complete critique post in the main forum :wave:

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Rastermon

Morro Rock in three stages so far 12″x16″ oil

Comments and criticism always welcome!

[/url]
            Working on my portrait of my kitty Bug. It’s coming along but slowly

[/url]
            moar kitteh. I realized I forgot the tail! Bug has always inverted his tail and when he is happy, the end rests on his neck. Gotta add that!

[/url]
            And, for good measure, this is going on the “other canvas”- AKA my cat tattoo leg. Started 22 years ago, from toes up to thigh with this one: Bug and still-healthy-knock-on-wood one eyed Dexter. (Dex is bigger and has more upright ears and smaller paws.)

beetee

Your cats have scared everbody away!
                Meow-Interesting stuff re-cat tattoo leg-are they all your own designs?

all the best
                Brian

C & C most welcome!
                Brian.

Dutch42

Apocalypsemeow, I love your kitty!! :thumbsup: :cat:

WIP. Almost done with cast shadows, one or two layers to go. I had to stop here or be late for work. . . .

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. - Jimi Hendrix

Dutch42

Previous layers

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. - Jimi Hendrix

thevaliantx

This is going to be my next effort.

Brian- yep, the cat tat leg is all my own designs. It isn’t anything brilliant- i mean, I got the first one done at age 18 in what,1995? and poorly of course haha!

Dutch, I like how real the weight of the model’s stance is. That isn’t easy!

msherring

Just noticed it’s been a year since I late posted on WC. So just a quick WIP of this year. It’s oil on canva 70×50 cm. This is just a close up on the area I’m currently working on. I’ll try to post more WIP updates soon

Delofasht

Nice work everyone! That cat looks great, the nude study is coming together, nice curves she’s got, and Ms Herring that smiling guy is amazingly well done, can’t wait to see more.

Here’s what I’m working on, just a little study that I started in colored pencil but the back of the box was a bit slick and wouldn’t take anymore layers so I just slapped some paint on top of that. It’s like 5.5″ by 8″, I have some more work to do on that peach and the plum could be a bit more purple I think. Extremely pleased with it so far. I need to buy a smaller brush to get those edges a bit sharper and clean up some of the reflections. (only have a #2 flat for a small right now, or a #8 round :lol:)

Probably hang this one on my wall somewhere when it’s good and dry.

Edit: OH OH OH, I forgot, I don’t have a reference anymore, I took the picture about 2 years ago and did the sketch in colored pencil somewhere between now and then, promptly deleted to reference at that point. I remember that the reference was in a shadowbox, and only the banana, plum, coffee press, and actually an apple if I recall correctly. All the shadows were different and all sorts of stuff, so none of the reflections are real, they are all imagined.

- Delo Delofasht

Hi, everyone. This is my first post.

I am very new to oils and even newer to portraits. This is my first attempt at a portrait, and only my third attempt at oils. I normally work in graphite or watercolor.

This portrait is of my grandmother, based on the only photo we have of her – her senior high school portrait from maybe 1930 or so. I really like the way it looks (have a thing for value studies), and am terrified to do anything else to it. I would leave it be, but my sketch lines show through and that bugs me. I just don’t know what to do next.

Any constructive comments would be appreciated!

Delofasht

I just don’t know what to do next.

Any constructive comments would be appreciated!

I would let it dry for a month or so and then try glazing with transparent colors over it to see if I liked where I could take it. If I don’t like something I can always just wipe it off with some oil or solvent and no harm done.

- Delo Delofasht

Thank you, Delo!

msherring

Just a quick WIP update…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.