Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Yacht Yard ~ xPost Marine Art forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

15×22 watercolor on 140 lb cold press paper of a boat repair place or yacht yard, sketched from one of my many boat photos on a trip to Mississippi. In this vignette a lone worker can be seen lower right doing his thing. (Sorry the iPhone photo faded lower left corner of the vignette) :(
    C&C welcome :cat:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Zeldaquatic

Beautiful, I like the boat, the building , the drums and the trees, I’ll not step on the ladder, too dangerous !

Kay, hadn’t seen many landscapes from you but this one is beautifully done.

LIL

Artchrispy

This is beautiful Kay. You hit the bulls eye! I love the details (barrels, ladder, rigging, figure) and the strong composition. Well done!

Christophervasil.com

Thanks Zelda, Lil, and Chris!

Kay

rossmarie

Very good Kay. I like the strong feeling of light and the sharp clean lines of the boat; also the background tree foliage and the light catching the oil? drums lying on the ground. Well done. I agree about that ladder!

Mike 😊👍

eichin

This is beautiful Kay!

Kaylen

I like your style Kay, it is very similar to a style that inspired me to be a watercolor painter, there is a lot of beautiful things going on here. I think though there are a few places where you could use more value change, the main roof ,the sail and the boat all are pretty close, maybe just a tad of the dark roof line like over the word yachts could appear on the other side, and a teeny highlight on the figure to separate it from the door,,,in life I see beauty and wonder at every turn, but in pictures I cant help “judging” them, I really do appreciate your work.

Kaylen Savoie
                        https://www.savoieartist.com/
                        At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

I love the shapes you created in this painting. Great composition.
                        And the color shifts you put in, especially the one in the boat going from orange to blue.

Esther

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments! Agree about the improvements, too.

Kay

Hillriver

Beautiful!

Tony

Thank you Tony! I appreciate it.

Kay

jscottb

Love this.

Many thanks, Scott!

Kay

hoylander

Beautifully done, Kate! I love the airy feel of it, your palette and the light!!

Joan :wave:
                                  Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.