Home Forums The Town Center WC Site Technical Discussions WC forum software now processes Firefox incorrectly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pinguino

As of today, the forum software processes posts from Firefox incorrectly. The version of Firefox is recent, but did not change in the last day.

Previously, posts from Firefox would often add spurious line feeds (gaps between paragraphs) which could be subsequently edited out. But as of today, the forum software does not recognize line breaks at all, even if issued multiple times. Also, it does not recognize commands to do such things as italics. And, it substitutes HTML Entities for some things such as quotes.

I switched to Chrome for this message, but I don’t normally use Chrome, due to privacy issues on a shared computer.

I’m using Firefox and haven’t noticed any sort of problem with it at all.

Second paragraph to test spacing.

Testing Italics

Testing bold

Testing font size

Testing font color

Testing quotes

Not sure what to tell you, it’s working fine for me, maybe it was a temporary glitch.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Pinguino

I agree that it was a temporary glitch. Works fine now. Possibly the sort of thing that involves default character encoding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.