Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery West of Green River

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sarah

After doing loads of reading on here and elsewhere, plus YouTube videos, I thought I’d try a painting with a violet underpainting. I am working on clouds and creating distance, two things (among many!) I wasn’t good at before. Got a little carried away with the clouds, but overall I am pleased with how the underpainting unified things. 8X10 on 600 grit hardware store sandpaper. Any and all cc welcome :) This is just west of Green River UT in the early evening:

sarahrosefineart.com

Constance

Love your clouds and your choice of colour for the underpainting…

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

water girl

Your technique worked perfectly. The clouds are not overdone at all, IMHO. They add to the isolation and great distance. Well done!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

pete1199

I really like the highlights on the cliffs.
                    Great job.

artelahe

I like the WHOLE thing! You clouds are tremendous. You are so fortunate to live where you can see vast distances like that. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        AlyP
                        I have a white dog and lots of pastels...but are any of them the right color when I need them to be?

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

Ron

Darn fine job on this! Love the sky and clouds

Donna T

I like seeing hints of the violet underpainting showing through. You did such nice work on those clouds!

Donna
                                C&C Always Welcome

The clouds are gorgeous.
                                Violet seems to be a good choice for the underpainting.

Esther

Sarah

Thanks everyone! I am having fun with underpainting, something I didn’t do before. Taking the time off made me reflect on painting and I decided if I were to return I needed to foster a student mindset. This time around I am reading, reading, reading, watching videos, purchasing downloads, etc, etc…..

sarahrosefineart.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.