WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2018, 09:47 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... October 2018

Eek, Becca! I can't even imagine how humans can be willing to repel down that huge building! Maybe they're mountain climbers and are daring enough to go down a tall straight building.

Jessica, now that the weather is nicer for it, it sounds great to go to Central Park! My fellow artist outdoor painter here has invited me to join her next week to do some plein air painting in her huge backyard. I'm really looking forward to it - I haven't painted outdoors in what feels like an age. Or three...

Sid, Great Grandfather? I thought I was the oldest one here, but I've only got six grandchildren! You would think at least one of them would be married and having babies soon.

#32   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2018, 02:47 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy, a year or two ago the group going down the building were all women, an empowerment exercise...have no idea today if I was watching men, women or both...but does look like an awesome experience...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2018, 01:46 PM
A WC! Legend

Tried to send this earlier and the page simply wouldn't load.

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Joshua Tree is a rock climber's paradise. Years ago I went with a grounp and got to rappel down a rock face (maybe 3 stories down, not 30!) and it was great fun, sort of a reward for the climb up. Rock climbers are definitely kindred spirits to people who jump out of planes and other thrillseekers.

I need to get labels printed before hanging day at noon. Everybody have a great Caturday!
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2018, 01:50 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia...cute!!!

there were more people going down the building this morning..still no idea if there is underlying motivation to it.looked but found no news release.

good luck with the hanging...hope for no surprises.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2018, 06:00 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Becca, it sounds like they're having a contest to see who's bravest?

My state has gotten very interesting recently. This summer, they voted in mariuana (spelling?). I don't smoke, so it's not for me... and just last week, they decided to let grocery stores sell wine. Interesting, but I'll still need to buy the Kalua for my coffee in the liquor stores.

I wonder if anybody is thinking about the combination of those two items along with the overload of guns people have here? Or am I just paranoid?

#36   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2018, 06:34 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy, actually the women a few years ago were the winners of a campaign and that was why they were allowed to go down...and in which order...it was to honour them...there are still people going down today .. right now..it may be that they have opened it to the public again...I don't know.

And as for guns, they are a danger no matter what, and the drugs and alcohol are readily available to whoever seeks them out anyway...sad truth.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2018, 09:38 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

was talking to some friends about the building repelling and their theory is that they might be 1st responders in training...and even the FBI has a strong presence here as well as homeland security...so anyway may have been a training exercise...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2018, 11:14 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Nancy, a lot of people believe that cannabis can relieve arthritis pain. Not just by smoking it, but using nonintoxicating oils and in other forms, and without the side effects of prescription drugs. https://www.everydayhealth.com/rheum...ivery-systems/

Hanging went well yesterday, but I forgot to set my lights, so I have to go back this morning. Other than that, it looks like I might get some art related stuff done, if not any actual painting, but that's still possible too. I just don't want to jinx myself!
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Lord of the Arts
Sevilla

Hails from Spain

Happy belated Caturday!

I have hard time adapting to new devices. Heres a photo from today of one tired traveler.

#40   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Lord of the Arts
East Coast USA

Hails from United States

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I became a grandpa for the first time 3 weeks ago. Going to visit my grandson tomorrow.

Drawing is the basis of art. A bad painter cannot draw. But one who draws well can always paint. (Arshile Gorky)
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2018, 04:09 PM
A WC! Legend

Hi Mosc and Muffin!

Congratulations Paul!!! Enjoy visiting your new grandson!
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2018, 06:59 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Paul, becoming a grandpa or grandma is one of the greatest thrills, and I'm so glad you now have your first! Congrats!

Marcia, the first cannabis store just opened this week in downtown OKC. I have terrible rheumatoid arthritis, so I'm going to call my doctor and see if he thinks it could be right for me. Thank you so much for the information!

Today's Cryptoquote:

"The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right." ---Judge Learned Hand

#43   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2018, 09:05 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

you can buy cannabis oils here at the farmers markets, as well as other shops...I know people who use them for various things...some things they seem to help and others not so much, and it depends on the individual...

Mosc, muffin looks beat.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-08-2018, 01:46 AM
Lord of the Arts
East Coast USA

Hails from United States

Marcia, Nancy thank you for your kind words. His father my son is amazing me, he charges diapers, has the baby in his arm all the time. A very caring man, I am so pleased. I was a single dad and it looks like I did a few things right with him and his sister.

Drawing is the basis of art. A bad painter cannot draw. But one who draws well can always paint. (Arshile Gorky)
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-08-2018, 10:34 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

A while back (weeks, months? it's all a blur), I mentioned a painting tool I had never seen before that has a rubber chisel point for pushing paint (and pastels) around. Anybody remember what they are called?

Paul, you should be proud of yourself for raising such a caring son. I think as children, we learn more from our parents' example than we realize.