Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Portrait of Italian woman, work in progress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gigalot

A woman from Italian ballet in Georgia. Oil on canvas, 40 cm x 60 cm. I did another experiment with green underpainting. Work in progress!

Raffless

You have a definate propensity for the colour Green Alex. I like it!

Humbaba

The earrings are a little distracting, they do not fall with gravity.

Dcam

I think the earring is resting on her hair or shoulder.
                    Alex, I like this so far. Looking forward to more.

Loretta7

Very good. Look forward to finished project.

[FONT="Tahoma"]CxC always welcome :thumbsup:

AllisonR

Well you put greens and purples together, my favorite combo. Looking good so far. She is pretty, and compliments the background. Mountains on left are lovely.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                            koumk

fix her hair (the red ones) , earings and of course the background (a dark one)

Kostas

Dcam
                                    Gigalot

Thank you all! I want to let it dry a little for better working properties. To make paint less soluble. And then I will try to continue work with hairs, background landscape and earrings. :) I will try to check different colors for her earrings.

Ju-Ju-Beads

I think only her left earring shows, and that is a spire over her right shoulder, yes? Colors are great!

Goodcatbadcat

Nice, Gigalot! I love the renaissance-esque panoramic background. The colors are lovely.

I would be extra curious to see your green underpainting. Do you have any pictures of it?

“I'm drawing a picture in my mind of what's on your mind. I'm a little confused in my mind, but your mind is coming in clear as hell." - John Altoon

Gigalot

Nice, Gigalot! I love the renaissance-esque panoramic background. The colors are lovely.

I would be extra curious to see your green underpainting. Do you have any pictures of it?

I do not have intermediate picture of this work, but you can check my another work “Patrician woman” done with the same technique, using green underpainting:
                                                    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1442299
                                                    you can also check this almost finished work:
                                                    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445343
                                                    Hope that helps :)

Raffless

I do not have intermediate picture of this work, but you can check my another work “Patrician woman” done with the same technique, using green underpainting:
                                                        [url]https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1442299[/url]
                                                        you can also check this almost finished work:
                                                        [url]https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445343[/url]
                                                        Hope that helps :)

Alex with all that green you must be one COOL dude:wave:

Gigalot

Alex with all that green you must be one COOL dude:wave:

But she loves works of our Popart’s Ferdinand/Elephant Andy Warhol :angel:

A very pleasing view of a young woman – I don’t mind the ear-ring and the eyes are
                                                            nicely done. I like it so far…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.