Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Hello from me…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    offcentre

Good morning all. I wanted to introduce myself and say thanks and well-done for a great resource and community here. In the few days since I found you I have already found a wealth of useful and interesting information.

I am Ross, I live in Winnie-the-Pooh’s forest in the south of England. I have been intermittently improving my drawing skills as a self-taught hobbyist throughout my life and now want to turn my attention to colour and oil-painting. I have tried squeexing the paint out of the tube and slapping it on the canvas but, unsuprisingly, have been disappointed with the results so have come to the conclusion I need to learn some theory first.

So, I am reading about colour-mixing and palettes, values and how to approach oil painting. I am starting from the beginning so any threads that you think would be particularly useful to me would be gratefully received.

I have attached a few recent pictures and I look forward to learning and sharing much more over the coming months.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi Ross, welcome to wetcanvas.

You certainly have honed your drawing skills, head over to the Oil Painting forums for help with painting.

This is a terrific community and a wonderful resource, use the rolling menu bottom right and you will find forums for just about every art and craft medium here, it’s worth exploring the full list of the forums. Read the posting rules at the top of the forums there may be restricted posting.

The links in the top line of my signature will help with the forum and how to resize and post your pictures. You can start uploading pictures on your third post.

When you get the uploader box and browse for your photos, make sure you select “All files” or you will not see your jpg files.

If you have a particular site problem, click on my name and send me a private message (pm).

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Greggo

I am personally very impressed with your drawings. Yes, I would suggest color theory next.

Welcome to the WC Welcome Forum!

This is the place to introduce yourself and for us to pass on to you some tips.

There are lots of fine folks here, you can meet many of them as you browse about while exploring the full list of the forums. We are looking forward to seeing your art, and getting to know you!

There are all levels of artists, from many lands, working in virtually all mediums. Newcomers to Art are especially welcome.

Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.
            The friendly members here will try to help you with any questions you have.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses,
            Read about the use of images in the Reference Library.
            Links to additional information contained in my signature line below.

(The Abstract & Contemporary Forum is where I am usually found.)

Greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Jon

Welcome, Ross.
                Wonderful work.
                The Color Theory and Mixing Forum would be the next stop for you. The Oil Technical Forum would help if oil is your medium.
                FYI
                * You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
                * Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
                * There are “Stickys’’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
                **You can use Google Advanced Search to help you locate topics of interest on WC by simply entering WetCanvas in the blank asking for a domain name

Gorgeous work!

Welcome to the forums, enjoy!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

offcentre

Thanks for the kind welcomes. I look forward to posting oil painting progress over the coming months. Have a good day all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.