Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink experiment artclass (x-post pastels)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wendyv123

We did a little experiment in artclass today. We had to start a drawing/painting from observing a still life and halfway through we had to finish someone elses who has a complete different style and uses a differtent medium..I hope this makes sense, English is not my native tongue :) :) :) I used a Pentel brush pen and started this one :
        [ATTACH]868269[/ATTACH]
        my fellow student used pastels to finish :
        [ATTACH]868270[/ATTACH]
        He started with pastels :
        [ATTACH]868271[/ATTACH]
        I finished with my brush pen :
        [ATTACH]868272[/ATTACH]

You weren’t both working from the same group I think?….. and I find the set-ups a bit confusing but no doubt your tutor knew what he/she wanted you to learn!:lol:
        I like some of the shapes in your original drawing – nice observation…. and the way you corrected the ellipse on your partner’s ‘bucket’!;)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

wendyv123

You weren’t both working from the same group I think?….. and I find the set-ups a bit confusing but no doubt your tutor knew what he/she wanted you to learn!:lol:
            I like some of the shapes in your original drawing – nice observation…. and the way you corrected the ellipse on your partner’s ‘bucket’!;)

It was to experiment how different styles and uses of different media would reinforce your own work and maybe to be bold in the future and use some new combinations yourself. We have a really huge still life btw… we all did a ‘small’ part and then we swapped places

Ah, that explains the different set-ups!:)
            How did you feel about mixed-media?

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

That’s pretty interesting. I think your collaboration worked out well.

(and your English is way better than mine! :) )

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

wendyv123

Ah, that explains the different set-ups!:)
                How did you feel about mixed-media?

I am going to try it in the future, set up in black ink with a brush maybe and then bold pastels…. see what it gives :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.