WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WC Site Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2010, 07:11 AM

Hails from Australia
Re: Suggestion Box

love this site. it is a pleasure to view all the great art work from around the globe, so kudos to the people who put 'wet canvas' together.

just would like to make a suggestion, that, maybe a "cartoon/ing" category could be added? it is a specific art form that seems to be overlooked in the family of the arts.

cheers.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

We do have cartoons in various forums, check out the work of Brian Barnes in the watercolour forum, or search Youtube for his animations.

Doug

Last edited by Yorky : 12-15-2010 at 11:04 AM.
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2011, 08:48 AM

Johannes Vloothuis - Live art web classes

With reference to the thread that deals with instructions and handouts for the Live art web classes where members are asked not to post on there, but still do regardless..........surely the answer is to simply lock the thread so that only JV can post on it?

Is that not an option here?
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

It is an option, JV would have to request it being opened when needed.

Doug
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States

Quote:
With reference to the thread that deals with instructions and handouts for the Live art web classes where members are asked not to post on there, but still do regardless..........surely the answer is to simply lock the thread so that only JV can post on it?

Currently Johannes seeks Moderator assistance when he wants a thread closed or posts removed when members fail to honor or simply miss the instructions written by him.
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-26-2011, 03:06 AM

I take your thought of making sure that users know we care about their input seriously. In fact, I hope to implement such a "SUGGESTION BOX" thread in the OP Channel where I guide in the future and want to thank you for the idea.

If I can make a suggestion about your concern with regard to art phrases that are confusing.
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Florida, USA

Hails from United States

HI..I am fairy new to WC but found it has been pretty helpful...however in searching for something specific it has been a little combersome... I recently got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and was looking to connect with others on here with FM. I found a few threads that were a few years old that talked about ways to do art inspite of the disabiity but it was for beading and although some of it might be helpful...I am looking at modifications for other areas of art and wasn't as successful at finding anything... and it finally hit me what if there was a Artist with Disabilities section were we could get together and collaborate and share ideas on ways to adapt so we can continue doing our art with less stress. I am willing to start a thread but have no clue where to put it so everyone can see it and benefit from it...thought it might be better as a sub forum or something. Anyways...found the suggestion box and thought I would put my idea out there.

Tad
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi Tad, sorry you have FM, several members have the problem.

I did a Google advanced search for fibromyalgia on wetcanvas.com and found lots of threads including this one.

Unfortunately there are many members here with physical disabilities, I would say quite a significant proportion.

Doug
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Florida, USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky
Hi Tad, sorry you have FM, several members have the problem.

I did a Google advanced search for fibromyalgia on wetcanvas.com and found lots of threads including this one.

Unfortunately there are many members here with physical disabilities, I would say quite a significant proportion.

Doug

Thanks for your reply...that is the one that I had found and was 5 years old...and I had already clicked on the threads posted in that thread were even older... and I even replied to this thread already... Also some of the links and suggestions I found were outdated links to items that might be helpful and so it was the difficulty searching for something more recent that gave me the idea to suggest a forum just for that especially if there is a significant proportion of people on here with disabilities like you say... Just to make it easier for us to connect on that topic. That was all...but thanks anyways.

Tad
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States

Tad,

Differently Abled Artists II
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618459

"This is a place for those of us who have some health issues; whether they are acute or chronic; pain or no pain just a safe place to share with others who understand."
katsarecool
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member

When uploading pictures and the screen comes up to manage the files, with all the file types and maximum sizes at the bottom, it would be great if there was a bar or icon showing it was processing or time left.
Quite often I'm uploading, and after a few minutes I close the window bcuz it isn't working. I have no idea if this is a site glitch or my internet speed. Some times if I try again directly after I close the window it works almost immediately, which makes me think it isn't my speed.

Also it would be nice if there was a time out so that I'd know if it wasn't going to work at all.

I've tried to upload the same photo several times tonight with no success.

Buddha suggests to those who need inspiration for their art to go before a perfectly blank wall until it's design, compostion, and subject reveal itself. -Jack Rutherford

Last edited by sharkbarf : 12-12-2011 at 11:52 PM.
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Try a different photo, one that has worked before, it could be the filename etc.

Doug
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbarf
When uploading pictures and the screen comes up to manage the files, with all the file types and maximum sizes at the bottom, it would be great if there was a bar or icon showing it was processing or time left.
Quite often I'm uploading, and after a few minutes I close the window bcuz it isn't working. I have no idea if this is a site glitch or my internet speed. Some times if I try again directly after I close the window it works almost immediately, which makes me think it isn't my speed.

Also it would be nice if there was a time out so that I'd know if it wasn't going to work at all.

I've tried to upload the same photo several times tonight with no success.

I've tried different photos, renaming, resizing, using a different program.

What do you think about the suggestions in bold above?

Buddha suggests to those who need inspiration for their art to go before a perfectly blank wall until it's design, compostion, and subject reveal itself. -Jack Rutherford
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

I'm afraid the state of the forum and the lack of technical support means that any improvements are unlikely to be made until a system upgrade which is scheduled by F+W for sometime next year.

Doug
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast
Ottawa Ontario

Hails from Canada

Good evening from Canada,

Here's a suggestion for a possible new forum - aviation art. Several members of WetCanvas were also members of an aviation art site that I frequent. Has this ever been examined before. The site to which I refer is closing in January, and it would be nice to have somewhere to go with aviation works.

Thanks!
D'Arcy