WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2018, 06:36 AM

Re: Compressor Reviews!

When the sound level is 85dB or under it then we called it silent. The Central pneumatic 8 gallon air compressor is also silent model. The Powerful motor of this compressor delivering 125 psi max of pressure. Almost any tool will work with this compressor! It is also best portable to any place. It has two wheels and one handle which make sure easy transportation.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2018, 10:10 PM
A Local Legend
USA

Hails from United States

I would not want to listen to anything 85 db for more than say 30 min. The ears are just not designed for constant white noise, pink noise, etc like a waterfall makes. Loud, full spectrum noise. Or even that gravelly compressor sound. NOW, if it only comes on for say 10 seconds at a time, then you'll be fine. I wouldn't call 85 db silent, though.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 06:58 AM

We have a 21 Gallon Central Pneumatic Air Compressor. My father bought this compressor for our car tire filling. It is a more powerful machine. It has two wheels and one handle which helps us to carry out to any place easily. Its energy efficient 2.5-hp motor produces 125 psi of max pressure and delivers 5.8 CFM at 40 PSI & 4.7 CFM at 90 PSI. Another aspect of the durability of this air compressor is its rubber foot stabilizers which reduce the vibrations.

Some features:
** The oil-lubricated pump system is heat-efficient.
** Low-Cost Parts of this compressor.
** Built-in quick coupler for convenient air hose connection.
** It has the Rubber foot stabilizers to reduce vibration.
** Oil level indicator for easy oil management.
** Handle and wheels for easy transport.
** Easy replacement parts and all device of the compressor are available
at your fingertips.
** Best Portable air compressor.

To see or take it you can visit: http://amzn.to/2BZ7rP0
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2018, 10:34 AM
WC! Guide
Germany

Hails from Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK.Alice

Some features:
** The oil-lubricated pump system is heat-efficient.
** Low-Cost Parts of this compressor.
** Built-in quick coupler for convenient air hose connection.
** It has the Rubber foot stabilizers to reduce vibration.
** Oil level indicator for easy oil management.
** Handle and wheels for easy transport.
** Easy replacement parts and all device of the compressor are available
at your fingertips.
** Best Portable air compressor.

Mnn not any compressor is suitable for airbrush use.

1) oil contaminate your paints.
2) Normally AB compressors don't need replacement parts
3) Rubbers also come in small applications, they reduce vibration
4) Dry compressors are suited for AB painting, Art media like acrylics have issues when oil is present.
5) AB compressors are under 10kg, you don't need any wheels.
6) same as 2. But they are also available
7) I assume you can not use it inside your house (studio) without having high noise levels. AB compressors are suitable to use them indoors. They make some noise, but not even close to 85dB or constant. They just fill the tank at a pressure when necessary. The tank allows you to have constant pressure. Of course you can not drive power tools with this compressor.
Quote:
"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2018, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast
Near Toronto, originally from Essex, UK

Hails from Canada
Question Re: Compressor Reviews!

Okay, I'll start off by saying don't laugh.... I haven't used an airbrush in many years. I have a small oil-less compressor that is simply waaaay too noisy for household use. I want to get back into using an airbrush for completing parts of paintings (i.e. not to go whole-hog 100% AB) on an occasional basis. To that end I was wondering what you guys think about the small electric compressors that are often used in nail salons, etc., such as the below example. (Apologies for the large photo)

#51   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Corfield
I have one of those real noisy, cheap, oil free compressors with a 1.5 tank.

Paul.

I was a noisy compressor but for loude noise every worker was borred to work. For this I have bought the California Air Tools 5510SE. It is ultra quiet and Oil-Free 5.5-Gallon air compressor with aluminium Tank. Its powerful motor able to able to deliver 120 psi maximum pressure and 3.10 CFM at 40 psi & 2.20 CFM at 90 psi of compressed air. It is perfect compressor for quiet and silent operation because of super quiet operating system. This compressor produces only 60 dB of sound which is reduce sound polusion. https://bestaircompressorstore.com/b...ews-2017-2018/ can help you to choose the best quiet air compressor for your business.

Thank you
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast
Near Toronto, originally from Essex, UK

Hails from Canada

Since no-one got back to me with their input from my post a couple back regarding the "nail salon" compressor, I will provide my own! I went ahead and bought that small nail salon compressor and absolutely love it. I have it right beside me on my desk and I can easily hear people talking over it. It only goes up to 25psi but I have found that is more than enough for my needs. If I am going in close to do small lines on a slick surface like Claybord then I have to reduce the pressure.

I have been spraying watercolour mostly so I can't comment on thicker paints but, hey, it is supposed to be used to spray nail polish, right?!

Anyway, just throwing that out there in case anyone still comes to this place (Wetcanvas seems to have died off a lot since other "Social Media" took off after its creation) and is looking for a small compressor to use.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Russell
I don't recommend compressors.

I use industrial nitrogen, in a 70-lb. cylinder I lease on an annual basis...

K

I do worry about people using nitrogen or carbon dioxide cylinders. OK, while neither are poisonous, both are asphyxiants. What's wrong with compressed air? (But for God's sake, don't use oxygen!)

I use a tiny little 1/5hp oil-less compressor with (I'd guess) a 1 1/2 litre tank. Quiet enough that I don't need to turn up the radio. Plenty on eBay, generally sold with a couple of no-name airbrushes.

The downside is that it's unlikely to be of any use for the small spray guns people use for broader areas, though it will fill up Space Hoppers!
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman
Since no-one got back to me with their input from my post a couple back regarding the "nail salon" compressor, I will provide my own! I went ahead and bought that small nail salon compressor and absolutely love it. I have it right beside me on my desk and I can easily hear people talking over it. It only goes up to 25psi but I have found that is more than enough for my needs. If I am going in close to do small lines on a slick surface like Claybord then I have to reduce the pressure.

I have been spraying watercolour mostly so I can't comment on thicker paints but, hey, it is supposed to be used to spray nail polish, right?!

Anyway, just throwing that out there in case anyone still comes to this place (Wetcanvas seems to have died off a lot since other "Social Media" took off after its creation) and is looking for a small compressor to use.

Thanks! That is good information. I was interested in the small portable AirBrush like this style or the small rechargeable canister models. I just need a small unit to spray a controllable amount of air onto alcohol ink on paper or Yupo. I really did not want or need the giant air compressor style that may be needed for larger works or spraying heavier paint.