WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2019, 12:04 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: 'Round the Campfire ~ July

Gosh, wouldn't it be fun to all get together some holiday?? One of the forums, maybe the Plein Air group had a gathering back many years ago in Montana. I think about 20 artists showed up. We were on our way and Hurricane Rita happened and we went to Phoenix to work the telephone hot-line to reunite the separated victims so didn't get to the gathering. It turned out great according to the ones that went.

Anyway, cheers! I'm enjoying the beer! A Corona with a bit of lime.
Winston Churchill
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2019, 09:10 AM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Good morning from Montana ... hope everyone had a grand 4th/Canada Day -

All was peaceful and quite here ... just Annie, me and Mother Nature -

Kathy ...will take you up on the beer ... haven't had one since my Military days ... would be a treat -

Jo ... your get together sounds like a great idea ... would be nice to converse with one another in real flesh and blood life -

I have always enjoyed Fog events and had one this morning ... so have attached a couple of images taken from my back yard -

Looking East toward the River ... the distant structure is an old grain elevator that shut down in the 1970s when the railroad pulled tracks -

Looking West along my creek bottom ... the fog is beginning to roll in - The structures are some of my outbuildings -

Have a great weekend everyone ... take care and be safe -

Hud
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2019, 12:07 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Hi, Hud. Great photos looks like our morning a couple of days ago. :-)
Winston Churchill
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2019, 07:40 PM
A Local Legend
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hails from Canada

Oh I would love a meet & greet holiday!! My passport is still good for a few more years.
HUD, love those foggy days.

I don't think I mentioned that I bought a full set of Pan Pastels. When my sister was sick, I had no time to draw or paint & wasn't in the mood for it anyways. BUT not all was lost as I watched videos on them & how they work. So when the time came to order them I was quite excited to try them. Here is my result. I should mention that this is my first landscape that I'm happy with. I could never seem to accomplish it before now.

9"X12" on pastelmat. Only took 4 hours.

Horse lovers are "stable" people
My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2019, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Sheila: Love your painting ... a great scene and colors -

I know absolutely nothing about pastels, but I think you have done super with them -

Hud
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 12:05 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Sheila, amazing! The colors are fantastic and the scene is gorgeous. Happy you liked playing in the dust.
Winston Churchill
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 01:28 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Sheila, I just love this!! Only took 4 hours....??? WOW....see - talent and understanding of concept has no boundaries. It doesn't matter what medium you pick, you got this. Wonderful!!
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 09:22 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello everyone! Glad to hear you've all had a good weekend. Mine was nice as well. Busy, but in a good way. Spending quite a bit of time drawing, as I want to finish up one more before the show later this month.

Hi Kathy. Yup, here's the cake. I don't drink, but I'll have a cold Pepsi.

Hi Jo. Oh, that would be so much fun to all meet in person! I believe the Drawing and Sketching gang had a get-together for anyone interested some years back. I wasn't able to go, but it sounded like it was a lot of fun for those involved. Hope you and Gene are doing well. Soon on your way to NM, right? Bet you're looking forward to it!

Hi Hud. Oh, how I love foggy days. I like how it lends mystery and a sense of story to landscapes. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos with us.

Hi Sheila. Congratulations on the Pan Pastels! I bought a set once, but pastels don't like to work for me, so I ended up selling the set a few years ago here in the Swap Shop. You should be so proud of this fantastic landscape. I am pleased to hear your desire to create art is returning after all the hardship you've faced. I hope it's soothing and healing for you. Keep up the great work with those pastels!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2019, 01:15 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Well, good grief. Just lost my entire post to the campfire....so I'll just say hey to everyone, and I'm bringing iced tea, lemonade, Pepsi and a cold beer for anyone who wants it. And, a hologram for the fire...it's been too dang hot here for anything real!! Back later when I'm more in the mood to fight with my computer!! HA!!
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2019, 05:44 AM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Kathy: Your cool beverages sound great ... will take you up ... thanks -

Very pleasant here ... 40s at night and 70s during the day ... wonderful weather to be outside playing ball with Annie, working in my gardens and attempting to learn "plein air" painting ... so far my attempts are a disaster ... fuel for the fire -

Hud
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:41 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi Kathy. Aww, don't you hate it when that happens? Especially if you've been typing for a long time, only to lose it all. I love the idea of a hologram for a fire! It's oppressively humid and hot here today, so I like the idea of fire...just not the heat from one. I'll take one of those ice-cold Pepsis.

Hi Hud. Sounds like you've got some nice weather there. I'll bet Annie just loves to play ball with you. Though I rarely paint anymore, I tried plein air painting...it's much harder than I expected! Even my pen and ink "plein air" sketches aren't too great. Makes me appreciate those that can create so beautifully outdoors!

Hello to all the rest. Kind of quiet at the campfire lately. I hope you're all doing well. Nothing much new here, but thought I'd share this photo of one of our steers I took the other day. Isn't he cute?

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 09:42 PM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Jenna: Love your photo ... that steer must be a real "Ham" ... or should I say "Beef" - Great shot -

Hud
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:06 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Hey gang!! Jenna, love the steer pic! Too cute!! What a great shot!! Back in a day or two...been kinda crazy around here!! We have been out of town....Have a great night / week!
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2019, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Good morning from Montana ... hope everyone is enjoying their Summer days -

Took a hike across the prairie yesterday to ease my mind some and take a break from the long, arduous hours I am putting in on the painting I am working on -

I returned with a handful of Prairie Wildflowers, putting them in some vases and adding their favorite beverage ... rainwater ... will be interesting to see how long they last -

Have enclosed a photo - Not the most beautiful bouquet ... but nice to have some of Nature's wild in the house -

Have a good day ... take care and be safe - Hud

#30   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2019, 11:03 PM
A Local Legend
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hails from Canada

Hud, your wild flowers look wonderful!! My Grandkids would bring me dandelions & of course I bring them in the house, put them in a glass of water.

Jenna, love that picture!! That be a Jersey? They have such big eyes. They're so cute.

Kathy, Here is a photo Jazz from a few years ago. He still looks the same today at age 23.

The only thing new from me is the weather. Wicked storms all over the province of Saskatchewan lately. We even had one in our area on Wed. Just rain, nothing more even though we were under a tornado warning. The hay fields are looking good now. Shouldn't be too bad of a year for hay.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Horse lovers are "stable" people
My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm