WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-06-2019, 05:44 AM
WC! Guide
Magnolia, Arkansas

Hails from United States
Re: SparrowHawk7 (Ken)

Thanks!
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Immortalized
Runcorn (near Liverpool)

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi all, sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Ken is doing well. He's still in the hotel so doesn't have access to the internet. They've finally got around to adjusting and redecorating his home, but that is going to take another couple of weeks yet. He's rather bored, as you can imagine. We text each other every few days, but as he's in the USA and I'm in the Uk, it's rather costly, so we have to keep it short. He'll be so glad to be home again and able to get online. I'll let him know there are many messages awaiting him here.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Veteran Member

Jamby, thank you for the updates, it's really nice to know that he's fine, I wish him well, he helped me so much in my attempts to learn, improve, he is extremely generous and has infinite patience and kindness.
* Nice that you feel despite difficulties due to distance.
Best wishes to both of you.
Send Sparrow a big hug from everyone.
Have a nice weekend
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Immortalized
Runcorn (near Liverpool)

Hi all, good news! Ken will be home sometime next week. I'm sure that, as soon as he's able, he'll visit here. It's been hard not being able to chat with him via email, as we usually do. In a text we have to keep it short, so just a few words every few days. I'm sure it's helped knowing that so many are thinking of him.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the Janby news. It is great news, I am very happy for him, being able to start coming home is so important, returning to his home after time will probably make him happy, he will give him the opportunity to reuse the email and to complete, to speed up the recovery come back as soon as possible.
Great news. Thanks for sharing it. Best wishes to both of you.

Ken, if you will then be able to read this message I send you a big hug and
* all my best wishes for complete recovery

#36   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

So glad to hear it, I miss him terribly!
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 08:27 PM
WC! Guide
Missouri, I'm still in Colorado in my heart

Hails from United States

Ken you are admired, loved and missed!
I wish you all the best on your recovery and return to us when you are up to it.

Dianna
WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art

C and C always welcome.
My DeviantArt Gallery http://dianna-art.deviantart.com/gallery/
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 08:29 PM
WC! Guide
Magnolia, Arkansas

Hails from United States

Keep up the faith and this site until Ken appears here!
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Immortalized
Runcorn (near Liverpool)

Hi all. Ken let me know, yesterday, that he will be going home today It may take a few days to get his internet connection back on and I'm sure he'll be back in here once he's settled.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member
western New York

Hails from United States

Good news...
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 06:52 PM
Over your shoulder

Hails from United States

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes. It's taken several months and I'm not whole yet, but I am able to get online.

For years I have had increasing trouble walking and my left leg became badly infected around the same time as I broke my little toe. I was immediately hospitalized and once they discovered the infection wasn't lessening it was determined to amputate the toe. Unfortunately the infection got into my bones so they had to amputate the entire leg up to mid thigh in order to guarantee healing. That led to many weeks in the hospital and a couple months or so in rehab.

During that time my house became infested with fleas which eventually killed Casper and a few weeks later, Cassie as well. Then all carpet had to be torn out and the house cleaned thoroughly. Since I am now in a wheelchair doors had to be widened and the house repainted with new floors. There is still a lot to do but I can at least sleep here now.

I am being fitted for a prosthetic leg but that is a somewhat slow process. Once I get that comes many months of physical therapy so I can learn to use it. In the meantime I am confined to my wheelchair.

I have a tremendous debt of gratitude to repay my brother for financing things and a friend who organized and oversaw it all. To thank them I will be doing a portrait for each of them. My brother has a dog and my other friend two cats. I know it isn't much but it's the best I can manage so you will see some WIPS here from me once I get things sorted around the house.

Thanks again for your thoughts and wishes. I'll be around here when I can ...
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2019, 05:50 AM
WC! Guide
Magnolia, Arkansas

Hails from United States

Great to hear from you again Ken. Thank to Jan we kept this site open until you were able to return after a long rehabilitation. I have a couple of works I want you to critique! So take your time!
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2019, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member

Ken, it's nice to know you're back home.
I hope that the renovations for the house will end soon and I wish you the best for the continuation of rehabilitation. A big hug.
*I'm so sorry for everything you've been through, for Casper and Cassie.
I really don't know what to tell you except that I'm so sorry for everything.
But I wanted to tell you one more thing in closing, I wanted to tell you about the works, the portraits you will do for your brother and your friend that I am sure they will really appreciate your work, this is a wonderful thought and one that is worth much, much more than every word or many gestures because your art as well as beautiful is magical (your portraits always show all the love given and received by the protagonists and watching them has always filled my heart with joy so it is not little but something unique and unique infinitely precious). I bet they'll be really happy with your gift.
And it will be really beautiful for all of us to see Wip (which I am sure every your design will be as wonderful as usual and to see will give us so much joy from the first image that your works tell as well as an extraordinary technique all the emotion and the feeling that you put and that gives life and feeling to all your work). waiting to see your work I send you a warm greeting, a big hug and I renew my best wishes. I hope that everything will continue for the best but it will be because you are a wonderful and very strong person. Thanks for everything Ken.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2019, 01:42 PM
Over your shoulder

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1It
Ken, it's nice to know you're back home.
I hope that the renovations for the house will end soon and I wish you the best for the continuation of rehabilitation. A big hug.
*I'm so sorry for everything you've been through, for Casper and Cassie.
I really don't know what to tell you except that I'm so sorry for everything.
But I wanted to tell you one more thing in closing, I wanted to tell you about the works, the portraits you will do for your brother and your friend that I am sure they will really appreciate your work, this is a wonderful thought and one that is worth much, much more than every word or many gestures because your art as well as beautiful is magical (your portraits always show all the love given and received by the protagonists and watching them has always filled my heart with joy so it is not little but something unique and unique infinitely precious). I bet they'll be really happy with your gift.
And it will be really beautiful for all of us to see Wip (which I am sure every your design will be as wonderful as usual and to see will give us so much joy from the first image that your works tell as well as an extraordinary technique all the emotion and the feeling that you put and that gives life and feeling to all your work). waiting to see your work I send you a warm greeting, a big hug and I renew my best wishes. I hope that everything will continue for the best but it will be because you are a wonderful and very strong person. Thanks for everything Ken.
Thank you very much Joe. Right now the house is full of boxes as if I just moved in so it doesn't feel like home yet ... that will come in time. In some ways I'm glad things don't look "right" because I would miss my companions all the more. It's still empty but once I get things sorted out it will begin to feel homey once more.

One advantage is that I will now have a bedroom entirely dedicated to my art - drawing, photography and painting. I've never had that before so it will be nice, but right now it's piled to the ceiling with boxes so it will be a while before I get started on those drawings. I am looking forward to getting back into it. My mother died a few years ago and I completely lost interest in anything creative at that point which surprised me but it happened. Very slowly I have been starting to feel a desire to create again but now that I can no longer work or even get around much, I have no excuse so I am going to pick up my pencils. I'll probably start with something easy like my brother's dog and then do the cats. Those are pretty easy too really ... just time consuming to get right.

I am very glad that I made the time to draw my cats a number of times while they were alive. I strongly suggest that anyone who can draw spend some time memorializing their pets - it can be very therapeutic. Cassie is actually on the cover of a book on drawing so she got her moment of fame. I miss them.

Casper:

Cassie:

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Ken.
Ken are fabulous designs and they will have been wonderful friends. Cassie seems to give herself the air of a diva, as if she knew of the importance of the design, of the cover.
I hadn't already seen the first drawing, but you seemed to know them for your work, in your drawings you really tell a story and personality you depict. Enclose moments that remain and really tell love given and received. They are masterpieces but also precious testimonies that remain.
I do not agree only that it is easy to do the drawings as you say in any case I would like to tell you that

Even if I can only try to imagine how much you can miss and the emptiness they have left 2 I believe that As you say it takes time but slowly things will get better And the feelings that make the place where you live will come back in effect as a home.
Just in the last few years, when I moved back to my country of origin, I often thought it was strange that despite having spent almost 30 years in a place perhaps for moments that were less serene here, sometimes we don't really feel at home as maybe I felt instead elsewhere in the space of 6 months, 2 years but also much shorter periods, maybe days or minutes that sometimes can be enough because they create those conditions that make you really feel at home in a place that maybe we are totally new or Enough or we may not recognize it right away.
I believe that your home when you were just repainting the walls, so maybe you had to pack and box everything up until everything is in place can seem like landing on Mars.
I think this is hard and therefore I can really only partially understand what you are saying about your past experience (by the way I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother) but I also think, I'm really sure that then it's really just a matter of time that they come back or those feelings remain for which you also want to make art, this also becomes almost a need, something that belongs and must be done, that with this you will find habits, the best memories, with the right time there will be way and desire to empty boxes and make things find their place (and this will give things a completely different look by helping to bring good memories and a family environment),
soon you will have to feel at home again and the last phase of rehabilitation will be better because you deserve it
I therefore agree with you on Drawing something you like or admire, estimate or to which you are connected, I think it makes the design activity even more beautiful, light and pleasant, and at the same time it is a way to spend time with something like or loved.

Drawing portraits of people and animals and the drawing of the figure are themes that I would like to learn more about drawing, dealing with.
I think that and what you say about it I think a little about understanding you because These are some of the reasons why I have been thinking about trying to learn how to draw for about 3 years
. I liked drawing as a child but I had stopped doing it as a kid for how many times I had already thought of trying it again but in the end I was postponing or convinced that I didn't 'deserve' to draw and / or that it wasn't something I'd ever be able to sufficient or good levels. Then, however, or understood that reasoning in this way was one of my mistakes and my mistaken beliefs even on the drawing and that then without trying I could not have known this and that in any case it would not even have been so important.

Also because in itself it is an activity that lets us know better and suggest a better approach to things, starting to change the way we see. Already trying, Ithink it helps to understand more than us
*On wetcavans I think I've learned and really learned a lot not only about drawing but also about how I should try to see things in general, a lot for your sake so I want to close my long message (sorry) thanking you so much and wishing you the best.
Another thing.
I have not had pets for almost 15 or 13 years
, I had before, however, below 3 dogs,
and also a cat. But at times I unfortunately believe I was not a great friend to them. Anyway, I remember strong and actually since animals are a subject I'd like to portray them, sometimes I think that sooner or later I will look for some photos (generally I don't remember that we had a huge collection of photos but I remember that they were often them) subjects that I was photographing and that a couple of photos where I was with them were there, and that yes, at least one of their drawings is one of the things I will like to try to portray-.
the first dog was perhaps about a year old when I was born and was with me for about thirteen years, in the middle with him there was the cat Mike, a European cat.
Then the other 2 followed one another, first white and the only one of the 3 who did not arrive who was a puppy but was perhaps 3 years old and was not giving me a really happy experience so he was rather reluctant to let me know if he was alone for a few years, unfortunately, that in reality as much as this time I had tried at least to give my best in reality I never gave her much, I never did anything but received only a lot and from her behavior I could really understand so much, the logic behind behaviors and how many things could actually be simple even when they don't seem to be so ..
I went very off topic I think, sorry again a hug and thank you