WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England
The GoalPost - May 2018 - Please join in...

As Robert's in a different time zone and I'm in GMT ...I thought I'd start this for him....better late than never!

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2018, 12:56 AM
Resting in Peace
McCook, NE

Hails from United States
Re: The GoalPost - May 2018 - Please join in...

I have one goal. To paint something from the Spotlight. Love both the tulip refs, so at least one of those will be my goal.

Christine Neidhofer
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2018, 03:24 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Thank you Deidre for starting us off.

Hello Christine nice to read you again. That is a good goal, I hope you make it.

My goals for May 2018 are:-
  1. Turn camera lens of spy-pen through 90 degrees and fit into new flat-bed truck on the model railway. Its vision hole is just above the pocket clip (laid down it will be from the ceiling view) and I will mount it flat lengthwise.
  2. Fit rails to the base-boards to do a roundy-roundy circuit for the grand sons (and me )
  3. Try out the NCE controller with its two smaller controllers for the grands.
  4. Try to sort out some garage stuff.
  5. Paint next miniature that I have drawn in my sketch-book.
Last month's failures are showing up this month I think .
jim
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2018, 06:54 PM

I did some unscheduled goals today. I made a ramp to take the S.P.(self propelled) E.S. (electric start) petrol mower down some steps. I am unable to push the electric mowers around. I also fitted a roller curtain for the garage that SWMBO got for me (her input ). I also tidied up a bit and altered things to suit me more.
I am relaxing on the net at the moment with a glass of fruit of the vine .
Jim
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2018, 03:29 PM
Resting in Peace
McCook, NE

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Neidhofer
I have one goal. To paint something from the Spotlight. Love both the tulip refs, so at least one of those will be my goal.

Finished and posted the first tulip painting. Now working on the second tulip reference. Hope I get it finished by the end of the month....

Christine Neidhofer
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-22-2018, 08:57 AM

This month's goal completed Christine. Well done you . Can you try the other tulip picture this month? It'd be lovely if you could .

I have been sorting in the garage as I want a roundy-roundy operating for the grands Saturday week. I have been assembling a plastic restaurant for the railway model as well - glue everywhere but on the intended .
Jim.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-25-2018, 04:05 AM

Not many peeps about this month is there? Must be something in the air.

Have you managed the second tulip painting Christine? They do look very colourful.

I have finished the construction of the model restaurant and done the painting (acrylic) of it and I hope that it is dry this morning. Just the lettering and stripes transfers to finish it completely .

I have shopping to do today so I am not sure how much I'll get done for the model rail or art .
Jim.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:13 AM
Resting in Peace
McCook, NE

Hails from United States

I've started the second one. Again, not sure I'll get it finished. I have two days off work before the end of the month.

Christine Neidhofer
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2018, 05:31 AM

You have achieved your goal Christine which is more than I did. Your tulips are lovely. Did you start the second one? I have looked across at the spotlight and cannot say I was not tempted. But SWMBO wanted the grass done and with a new mower I had no excuse, even the weather was good. Too hot really. My goals for this month were :-
  1. Turn camera lens of spy-pen through 90 degrees and fit into new flat-bed truck on the model railway. Its vision hole is just above the pocket clip (laid down it will be from the ceiling view) and I will mount it flat lengthwise. Failed..........
  2. Fit rails to the base-boards to do a roundy-roundy circuit for the grand sons (and me ) Failed......
  3. Try out the NCE controller with its two smaller controllers for the grands. Failed.......
  4. Try to sort out some garage stuff. Some done.......
  5. Paint next miniature that I have drawn in my sketch-book. Failed.....

I did some other Non-scheduled items instead like sourcing a new mower, cutting the grass, making a ramp to take the mower down steps. And of course the usual domestic duties as the butler is on his annual holidays-he gets 52 weeks a year and of course I take over then .
Jim.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2018, 10:16 AM
Resting in Peace
McCook, NE

Hails from United States

I started the second one. It won't be finished in time. Haven't been feeling very well and having to drag myself to work is about all I've accomplished lately.

Christine Neidhofer
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2018, 05:09 PM

I am sorry to hear that Christine. It is miserable to be under the weather so to speak. I hope you are getting better as we type. Still you have achieved the goal for this month which is more than I did . Better luck next month eh?
The month has gone fast though and I did have rellies over for a supper which involves me in the cooking/dishing up as SWMBO is unable to handle hot dishes from the oven. I have that again when one of my sons comes over Saturday week to fit roof felting on a shed of mine. His family joins us for a midday meal later that same day.
Today is the 31st of the month so will get together some goals for June 2018.
I think there has to be some repetition from previous months as well !
Jim.