Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Monday January 27 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Lulu

Evening everyone:wave:

May as well be me!
        Another hot day, 31C, so didn’t venture outside this afternoon until the sun went down. Then watering the garden again, good thing we have an unlimited supply of the wet stuff.
        Haven’t seen the surrounding hills this brown for a few years.

Finished watching Call the Midwives Christmas Special this afternoon.
        If you like the Midwives this is a must see. :heart:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Good evening Lulu, not long now.

Good morning to everyone on this side of the globe.

I have to go to Southport for a cataract examination this morning, hopefully it won’t prevent me driving :crossfingers:

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Rodzart

Good evening ,
            All the best for your examination Doug, Must change some of my identity or we get mixed up with another Rod,
            Rod-NZ

Rodzart

Lulu

Hi Rod.

No, not long now Doug. Exciting! Glad we opted for a longer settlement date so this lead up can be done more leisurely. The new owners will come at the weekend to work out what they want to buy, e.g. quad bike, tractor, tools etc. John will take all the power tools, he will keep working for others as he chooses. Also remaining firewood, although John will take some of that to a single mum as he promised.

:wave:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

doppler

Good evening all.

Lulu 31 is a doddle, she said wiping sweat/glow from the brow. I moved to Queensland from Victoria long ago to avoid seeing brown hills in summer. That worked until this year. :clear:

Doug, you gambler …

RodZ … no worries. The other Rod has a cat called Sweetiepie, though I wonder why. :cool:Oh, yes, Sweetiepie loves him at times and he loves Sweetiepie all the time. perfect cat human interaction.

News full of stuff from the US and China. My new broom like brain says things with the coronavirus will be fine if the Chinese gov is not lying to save “face”.:crossfingers:

The US … still sweeping. NOt the forest floor. NOT a mop and bucket for sea level change. Can only hope for justice in the face of such flagrant corruption.

Oh, had three Guinea fowl in the backyard squabbling with the cockies last night. I wonder where they came from? Neighbour over back sent text this morning saying their eight had not come home. They are silly birds, more so than chooks. That’s the Guinea fowl.

:wave: Tired out from stuffing eggplants. Which were really tasty

Annie
                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

Marshall

Morning everyone. 53 here and expecting rain. Should get up into the low 60s today.

Nothing much here today. Going to the dollar store to see if they have any porcelain then toget some flowers for Chris for our anniversary tomorrow.

Oh, the joys of being retired.

Hi to those who come later. Stay safe.

Marshall
                        Living the retired life in NE Florida

A good Monday to all…….mild temps today. 48° right now with highs in the low to mid 50’s today. More rain moving in late tomorrow, but above normal temps for the rest of the week. Should be able to get some more work done outside this week.

Lulu….we have a 5th confirmed coronavirus here in the US…all who have returned recently from Wuhan China. The good news is they have them in quarantine currently. The bad news they have no idea how many have been in contact with them……….unfortunately, the snow ball rolling downhill never starts as a boulder. Time will tell. Happy that you’re getting some wet stuff….

No real big plans for today….hesitant to really dive into anything with Lisa’s mom in her present state. She’s not eating, her breathing is extremely labored and the majority of the time she’s pretty much in a catatonic state….Not really sure that she’s even cognizant of any visitors, even Lisa or Jeff (her children). Any communication is barely understandable and has to be discerned whether she’s talking to the person in front of her or to someone in her mind…….lots of mumbling to long dead relatives. Just a few words and then she slips back into her catatonic sleep….I think it’s only a matter of days.

Such a tragedy about Kobe and all the others yesterday. Have only flown in helicopters maybe a dozen times (usually work related), but have never been comfortable with it…….one, just the physics of aerodynamics. They either work properly or they fall. There is no or little gliding opportunity in the case of engine failure……..the whole thing is just really sad.

Well, the kitties have gone from begging to demanding…..time for breakfast for all and meds. Greetings to all here and those to come……may your day, evening or night be worthy of your investment.

Be good, do good…
                        Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

Well, I had my cataract test and have an appointment with the consultant next Tuesday.

Helicopters are flying on a knife edge, sounds as if it was foggy and they flew into the hill

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Warmish, a high of 1C and a light dull:)

Same old, same old here. Going to the Senior Centre in the afternoon. I was at the kids for dinner last ight and that was nice.

Char, OMG, that’s all you guys needed, a mistake with the medication:eek: I am sooo glad Ted noticed the difference. re the GoodFood, so far my DIL bought it and they loved it, Ellen did and loved it and you have tried several and loved them and all the dinners are different from the “normal”. They must have quite the team putting these delicious recipes together:thumbsup:

JJ, another nice walk, you are being more and more your old self:thumbsup:

Doug, what a lovely story about Ruth’s octopus. My Friend Rita and a group of people knit and crochet things like muffs with all sorts of attachments on them for people with dementia because it seems that fiddling and playing with these things soothes the patients. Sounds like you too will end up with a cataract surgery.

Nancy, looks like you made lemonade out of lemons:thumbsup:

Lulu, does your new house have a basement to store your art stuff?? Actually do houses in NZ and Australia normally have basements???

Annie, are your neighbour’s birds ending up at your place???? We won’t have to wait much longer to see if “upstanding” prevails:crossfingers:

Rod, you are Rod and then there is Rod:cat: . We have it all sorted out:D

Steve, I hope your MIL can go quickly.

:wave: to you Marshall and all yet to come!!!

Uschi

Marshall

Steve, prayers for you and Lisa. We went through that the first week n December last year before Chris’s mom passed. For us it lasted a week and my MIL went peacefully; she was 95 and her dementia really had her in a fog for the last few years.

Marshall
                                Living the retired life in NE Florida

Good Morning all,
                                It is 9:00 a.m. on a cloudy morning here in Oakwood. Larry is out for his walk and I’m getting things ready to take to art class this afternoon.

I have a small fiddlehead ferns I’m working on and a larger one of an owl drawn on my 200 lb Saunders Waterford paper to work on if I finish the other ahead of the end of class. I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this one, but I thought I’d give it a try anyway.

Doug, If you have to have a cataract removed, I hope it goes as well as mine did when I had them done. I was stunned with how much brighter colors were afterward because I had no idea I wasn’t seeing them as well as it turned out afterward. :D

RIP Kobe and all who were on the flight with him. It is always sad when people die early. :(

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Bill

Good day all,

Overcast. I think I need to change Ms. Feral’s water dish as she is trying to bury it. Probably got drank from by a coon.

I’m not a sports fan so I was not too familiar with Bryant. Just remember how he was accused of rape fifteen years ago or so. Anybodys death by accident is a tragedy, but we only make a fuss over the famous.

Annie, too many cowards in the Senate to overcome this criminal in the White House, even though the evidence has been shoved right up their, um…noses.

I’ll watch the opening of the trial today.
                                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

:wave: Sun is out over a light dusting of snow, so unlike January! I have foot care this morning so will be out and about. May have lunch downtown.

Char :eek: how wonderful that Ted caught it. You didn’t need that :grouphug:

You are so good Sylvia, keeping up your painting. I think about it all the time but seem to have other things to do first :rolleyes:

Yes, Lulu, the women are getting better and better, I was thrilled at their silver. Your team is the bench mark, their opponents can mark their improvement by how much they lose :) Who knows, maybe one day….. Now if our men could just get their act together, they have flashes of brilliance, but depend too much on just a couple of players.

Sorry about Kobe, I had no idea who he was as I don’t follow basketball, but still, seems he was about to enter the second phase of his life, a death too early. I feel most for his daughter, such a waste.

You will notice the colour change Doug, makes a difference to painting!

Greetings to all here and all to come! :heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                                    www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                    "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

You are so good Sylvia, keeping up your painting. I think about it all the time but seem to have other things to do first

Lynn, if I weren’t in this weekly class with Nita Leland as teacher, I doubt if I would be painting much either, other things always seem to take precedence except on Mondays. :D

:wave: to all again,

Sylvia

Good Morning Wash Gang! It’s grey and humid with the thermometer just 1 degree above freezing. The kitty herd chose to stay outside all night and they were some glad to come in for breakfast this morning!

The only plans for the day will be to get our garbage and cardboard/paper to the transfer station. The cardboard is a big deal because we have to break it down and flatten it. My online shopping and my GoodFood deliveries have exacerbated the accumulation. Over packaging contributes to the mess, also. And single use plastics must go to landfill. Canada is set to ban them by 2021, but I really think it should be done now.

I’m going to paint some feathers on my raven. :)

RIP Kobe Bryant, his Daughter and all who lost their lives in the helicopter crash.

Shame cloaks the obstructionists who claim their righteousness. The World is witnessing the travesty of justice.

Lulu, I did see the Christmas special and it was wonderful. I recorded it so I could watch it again, but Ted accidentally deleted it. :lol:

RodNZ – :thumbsup:

Doug, best of luck with your consultation after that exam.

Annie, I thought the same thing about Corona… :crossfingers: that the supposed containment actions will halt the spread.

Ted says that every day is Saturday, Marshall. :)

Steve, it’s a sad and difficult time for Lisa and Jeff. Mom has been struggling hard against her transition to her next stage. A remarkable strength of will.

Uschi, I have been amazed at the variety and freshness of the ingredients. But… most of the meals are sauteed in a skillet and we are beginning to long for oven baked or braised food. I need to plan our “off” days better as we get only 4 meals from the service.

This would not work for you because the minimum number of servings is two. I did look at a meal service for pre-cooked entrees. McKenzie and Brittany are interested in it to supplement their GoodFood service. Because they subsisted on fast food for more than a year, all these options are much better for their good nutrition and health.

Sylvia, you’ve chosen two really challenging subjects for your paintings!

Hiya Bill and Lynn and all yet to come! I’m really late checking in and haven’t even made our breakfast yet. I’m off to do that now. I hope that everyone enjoys the very best possible day. Remember to hug your loved ones. :grouphug:

p.s. Sylvia and Lynn… my Students will tell you the same thing about carving out time to paint. In fact, Teaching keeps my brushes busy, also.

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.