WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#706   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2020, 06:44 PM
Monterey, CA

Hails from United States
Re: 2019 Christmas Card Trade!

Just heard from Barbara yesterday that she got my card.

Barb, I think this is the one I sent to you.

Though late, here is the card I sent to Lil and Jeanne.

Happy New Year to all!
  #707   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2020, 08:18 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Lovely, Sandra!
  #708   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 12:58 AM
Immortalized

Hails from Canada

Festive subjects Sandra! Glad they arrived.🙂🙂
Lawrence I read the news everyday. Or get on live news feeds from Australia. I want to kick your Prime Minister! If you canít lead or follow, then get the heck out of the way! I saw some fires near Brisbane too on the map. I hope it stays away from you. I hope all your loved ones are ok wherever they may be. It is almost unbelievable the size and numbers of fires, the intensity/ conditions. I feel for you all, and the wildlife. When the worst is over, lack of housing, water that has been polluted will be a big problem. I read many large water containers burst with the heat. They say some at risk wildlife may not come back. I know Australians are resilient and tough, and will help one another. Perhaps you know of a good resource for folks to donate to? Thing is I really want help to get to the really small rural areas as I read help gets to urban areas easily, but in past fires, not to the boonies. The lady tried telling that to your PM. He turned his back on her.
It has been harrowing just to watch. I hope officials can get their acts together.

Barb, glad no one was killed in the robbery. But I read that the female hostage was harmed in a terrible way. I hope they throw away the key with this guy. Very unsettling indeed especially if it is close to home. Poor woman will be traumatized.
On a nicer note... Still waiting for one more card.🙂

Last edited by PaintBoss : 01-05-2020 at 01:02 AM.
  #709   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 01:58 AM

Hails from New Zealand

Sorry to hear about the robbery, Barb. Glad no one was ultimately killed which is always a relief. But of cold comfort to the ordeal the hostage went through.

Sandra, very festive indeed.

Christine, help is already happening for those affected with supplies and clothing. A very strong and real sense of community arises whenever catastrophes like this happen which seems quite often if I think on it. Bushfires, droughts, floods, cyclones. It brings out the best (and worst too) in many. And many high profile celebs are already helping out with money. One comedienne has even raised seventeen million from her followers and others via social media!

On a side note, next door were burgled last night. Only certain items were taken so she told us when she came round to advise us of the situation and to warn us to keep our home secure always. From the description of what was taken, however, it sounds like the robbers knew the family real well because they only targeted specific items.

With the exchange over, I am beginning or working on new art projects. A few I've mentioned like my bird cards and the ATC masters. But now I'm starting on larger works. I will still continue with miniatures because this place holds a special place in my affection but it's time to start making a living from this. Will post a link to one of my blogsites where I will display the type of artworks I'll be working on this year. Cheers.
  #710   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 02:18 AM
Immortalized

Hails from Canada

Oh dear about the robbery. I once had new workmates come in to our place years ago and I saw them casing the place. They were disappointed too as we were poor students. It was unnerving. You just never know with people but I do think character eventually shows. I am glad to be on the side of good. Hopefully you wonít have any problems but it is good to be ready!
We have been warned not to leave our vehicles when running for even a few seconds. Usually when warming up the car when itís minus 20.. takes a bit. 19 cars and trucks have been stolen recently. They wait for you to dash back in the house . Crime has risen here. Starting to get a lot more big city gang members coming here and using guns etc.
Lawrence, I canít wait to see your bigger works and your blog! You know I will be cheering you on.🙂 Way to go! I think you should be selling your paintings. 👍🏻
  #711   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Lawrence, that's a wodnerful idea. You can put the link in your signature, if you're not sure how, I can do it for you.

Oddly enough it's illegal to leave your car running in Illinois, unless you have a safety switch that can turn it off remotely or it's an remote start that keeps the doors locked and there are no keys in it.

I live on a cul de sac in the woods that are up on a ridge, no one comes up here and when they do everyone notices. We do occasionally get morel mushroom hunters wandering through. I don't mind because the restaurants pay $25 to $50 a pound and I don't mind them taking them. I'm too lazy to go get them myself.

My nephew is a fire jumper, one of those forest fire experts that jump into fires with specialized equipment. He's expecting to be called to Australia soon.
  #712   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 02:13 AM

Hails from New Zealand

A group of US firefighters arrived today in Sydney. Scenes of these bushfires creating their own weather patterns - thunderstorms, tornados, etc. is terrifying to witness. Anyone who is willing to jump into that kind of environment is both very brave and highly skilled.

With the high number of dogs in our area now, you'd think any unfamiliar or strange activity would trigger a cacophany of canine chatter and clamour. But no. Only clue might be that they were quite specific in the items they took. Just grateful they didn't break into our home; we have nothing worth stealing anyway!

I need to gather a collection of pieces first before I set up a blogsite. Better get back to painting then.