WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Think Tank > Creativity
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member

Re: the first line of a novel

It was short . . 1,759 words.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-14-2017, 01:35 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada
Re: the first line of a novel

the newspaper writer definitely came out in you in this last bit. summary factual.

fiction, imho, is so much more fun, to write whatever ending suits me and hopefully satisfies the reader.

to each their own tho, right.

la

Quote:
Originally Posted by budigart
They were misguided. They were "in love." I titled it "Franky and Johnny All Over again." Somebody done somebody wrong. He drank and went out for the night. She got pissed and stabbed him. I called police. She was arrested. His collapsed lung was re-inflated. She was prosecuted. I and a witness testified. She was let go. These few statements tell you all you need to know about today's world.

Here's the end of the story:

In the end, she loved him and he loved her. All she was doing was trying to say how very much he had hurt her, and how very much she loved him . When she drove the knife into his chest, she was saying, “This is how much I hurt,” and when she saved him, she was saying, “This is how much I love you.”
The really sad thing about humans and love is that, often, we just don’t know how to take the hand of the one closest to us and say simply, “I love you.”
I don’t know what happened to this couple. The case was dropped in spite of our testimony. Maybe, just maybe, love overcame all that night. That’s how I think about it. After all, this world spins on very little of any importance. But of all the things that make it go, love seems to be the best -- and worst – of it.
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek