WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#271   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2017, 04:16 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns....Come and Chat..March 20!7!!!!

Nancy, it's good, as Marcia said, that you now have a firm date that's not too far off. You'll have enough time to make any post-surgery recuperation plans that may be needed, and then it'll all be over in a flash and you'll be on the road to a blissful vest-free recovery.

Marcia, if it's that bothersome, maybe you should remove the melamine and any pressboard below and start over with either sheetrock or cedar lining. Could you post a photo? It sounds like a good bf project.

Becca, fun drawings! Nancy's right: they have great movement, especially the last one.

Since HRH Pearl woke me up so early, all of yesterday was pretty much a waste - I was either too tired to be productive or napping to try to catch up on sleep - and now I have to try to cram all of yesterday's tasks in with what I had planned for today. Maybe I should just give up on ever painting again!

“We need more images and news that is good news, to make us wake up in the morning and do something good...”
~Romero Britto

Last edited by AnnieA : 03-30-2017 at 04:22 PM.
  #272   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2017, 05:22 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Annie, if I get it right, HRH stands for Her Royal Highness. I've started closing the bedroom door so I can get enough sleep, or my three would be waking me up all night! I've decided that if anybody's going to be HRH, it's me!

#273   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2017, 10:17 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Annie....I feel your interference for painting pain...

it was sorta sunny on and off all day...a wondrous change, kinda sun/rain/sun/rain/sun/rain....but it is a step in the right direction...

Nancy is right...close Pearl out...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #274   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2017, 10:53 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Thanks, Nancy and Becca. Yes, it's definitely Her Royal Highness! The problem is that for the most part, Pearl has only two speeds, intense playtime or sleep (and you better not wake her up - she'll be very grumpy!). She is so like me! The exception is right before she falls asleep at night, when she becomes very cuddlesome. I kinda hate to miss out on that. And actually, she's ordinarily very good and waits patiently - and quietly - for me to wake up in the morning.

“We need more images and news that is good news, to make us wake up in the morning and do something good...”
~Romero Britto

Last edited by AnnieA : 03-30-2017 at 10:55 PM.
  #275   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2017, 02:39 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyMP
I've started closing the bedroom door so I can get enough sleep, or my three would be waking me up all night! I've decided that if anybody's going to be HRH, it's me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
Nancy is right...close Pearl out...
Ladies, ladies ... with Bengals that is not possible .. they shout like jungle leopards UNTIL the door opens. They won't give up first. Bengals also keep on jumping to the door handle thousand times and more if necessary. They don't run out of energy. They are very persistent. They won't give up. With a Bengal cat you are not the HRH ... nope ... she's the leopard queen and lets all the cats in the neighborhood and people to know that. Annie, good luck with Pearl! We are having spring excitement here also.
  #276   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2017, 03:38 AM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscatel
Ladies, ladies ... with Bengals that is not possible .. they shout like jungle leopards UNTIL the door opens. They won't give up first. Bengals also keep on jumping to the door handle thousand times and more if necessary. They don't run out of energy. They are very persistent. They won't give up. With a Bengal cat you are not the HRH ... nope ... she's the leopard queen and lets all the cats in the neighborhood and people to know that. Annie, good luck with Pearl! We are having spring excitement here also.
Heh, mosc. Pearl would be like that if I didn't play with her several times a day. And when I say play, I don't mean "cute" play, like a kitten chasing a paper butterfly on a string. I mean seriously intense stalking, leaping, running, ambushing and scrambling play. It's mostly with DaBird and Neko Flies cat toys - they're all on long strings and you make them wiggle, run, fly etc., by moving the wand attached to the string. I couldn't find a photo of the dragonfly that's her favorite, but this one is similar:

It works kinda like this:

I am very lucky because although Pearl becomes very grumpy if she doesn't get enough play (at least two 15-20 minute sessions a day, and sometimes three), she doesn't fuss if I put her out of the BR and shut the door (or vice versa) - she just sits outside and waits for me. But if I don't play enough with her, she starts biting again! For the most part, I don't feed her right away when I get up and I think that's why she doesn't usually wake me up. As I think about it, maybe that's the issue, since I have started feeding her first thing just lately - once I get into the kitchen she starts meowing and acting starved. I'll have to stop that!

But mosc, you're absolutely right that Bengals just aren't like other cats. They're way more intense. btw, I have to thank you b/c I've now got a harness and am taking Pearl outside. I'd never have thought of it if you hadn't mentioned taking Muffin out on a leash. It really helps her calm down.

When are your gallery shows, mosc? I want to see photos!

~Romero Britto

Last edited by AnnieA : 03-31-2017 at 03:55 AM.
  #277   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2017, 12:02 PM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

What a week. We had an overnight guest Wed, and since we spent last weekend moving treasures from that house in LA up here, and I worked at the Orifice™ Monday and Tuesday, the last 2 days felt more like a weekend. We did take a nice hike yesterday morning. I would have liked to go further, but the guys pooped out!

About the time our guest left in the afternoon, the wind started blowing. Hard. Then harder still. When I got up this morning, there were shingles from a shed all over the yard. Not a huge deal, bf can nail them back on, but I hope the wind eases up. 34 mph today with gusts up to 50. Someone said gusts got up to 83 mph yesterday. I believe it! Typical March out here, in like a lamb and out like a lion!

Speaking of lions, here's what my Queens of the Jungle do when they get shut out of the bedroom:

I get to paint today, finally! Later, we are going down to Palm Springs for a movie, and shop at Trader Joes.
  #278   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2017, 02:52 AM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Marcia, I hope things have calmed down wind-wise. Looks like you have some kitties who find being left out highly objectionable! Pearl hasn't thought yet of crying when I put her in the bedroom and close the door. shhhh - don't tell! Hope you had fun in PS.

mosc, maybe you missed it in the midst of my wordy posts, but I really want to hear where you are with the gallery shows. I've lurked in the APAD thread and I like what you've been doing.

~Romero Britto

Last edited by AnnieA : 04-01-2017 at 02:57 AM.
  #279   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2017, 04:53 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

My cats lived in the garage...one, Princess, a tortie was very cunning though, and figured out how to operator the lever handle...one night when I was sitting up in the breakfast room I saw something that looked like a opossum in the sunroom...for a few moments I pondered how an opossum had found it's way in there...further investigation revealed it was Princess...lol...I had to reassemble the lever to an upright position, just out of her reach to trip it open....she wasn't happy, but didn't disfigure a thing, just learned to sleep in her own bed...lol..

and btw...there is a new April Oily in the Main Forum...least until it is stacked.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #280   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2017, 11:52 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpalms
:

About the time our guest left in the afternoon, the wind started blowing. Hard. Then harder still. When I got up this morning, there were shingles from a shed all over the yard. Not a huge deal, bf can nail them back on, but I hope the wind eases up. 34 mph today with gusts up to 50. Someone said gusts got up to 83 mph yesterday. I believe it! Typical March out here, in like a lamb and out like a lion!

Speaking of lions, here's what my Queens of the Jungle do when they get shut out of the bedroom:
[img]https://s4.postimg.org/70nhtmie5/IMG_1897.jpg[/img

I get to paint today, finally! Later, we are going down to Palm Springs for a movie, and shop at Trader Joes.

Oh, I wish I could just dash off to Palm Springs to see a movie - my sister used to live there, and she said Palm Springs was the best city she ever lived in. (She was married to a Navy man, so she saw a lot of cities.)

The edges of my carpeting were ruined by my cats, too. In saying "Happy Caturday Today" do you suppose I'm just crazy about cats? It can be expensive to lock them out of a room!

By the way, I was wrong about my surgery date - it's April 13 at 11 ayem, so for those of you who pray, please squeeze me into your prayers that morning?

#281   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2017, 11:58 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Beccs, it's April Fool's Day -think we might need a new thread?

#282   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:13 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyMP
Beccs, it's April Fool's Day -think we might need a new thread?
Nancy...I know...posted there is one last night...its in the main forum
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #283   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:16 PM
A Local Legend

I uncovered it:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show....php?t=1425005

See you there!