Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching 2-minute figure quicksketches from the end of 2018

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    llawrence

Started figure drawing from life again, hopefully in it for the long haul this time around. Crossposted to The Figure and to my blog. Hope you enjoy!

That last one was from either my first or my second day back. Probably the second. Not so great, but then it can take a while to get the hand back in!

magnuscanis

Even the last one far exceeds what I’m capable of producing at the moment, having just restarted life drawing (and drawing more generally) very recently.

This is one of several styles of sketching that particularly appeals to me, but not one I’ve managed to get to grips with yet. I look forward to seeing more from you (and perhaps I’ll have a go at copying a few of these to see if I can get a handle on the style).

- Magnus

llawrence

Magnus, thank you for your comment. It’s a good thing to be getting back into, for both of us!

This style is really the only one I know how to do for such quick poses. But I hope to get comfortable enough to start experimenting with different approaches.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.